Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thankful Thursday - A Double Blessing

 A double blessing: not one, but two bouquets of roses.  
I think he's a keeper, don't you? 


My sweet Jem and I celebrated the day of love for two days this year.  All day long (both days), we walked hand in hand and spoke of the things we love about each other.   We went thrift shopping because we both love a bargain, and bought books because we can never get enough.  The first day, we ate fish and chips for lunch at a place on the river.  The second day, we ate dinner at a Greek restaurant.  I'm so thankful for a husband who is my helpmate, my soul mate, and my playmate.  G-d knew what He was doing when he put us together eleven years ago.


In the pictures above, I was sixteen and he was twenty.   We met at the skating rink, and he said it was love at first sight.  He knew I was the girl he wanted to marry.  The sad part is, it took forty years for that to happen.  It's quite a story how G-d brought us together, finally.

Yes, I'm writing that story. I started writing it about a year after we were married, but something held me back.  I could never finish it.  This week, I realized the time is right.  All of my fears about marrying (after two failures) have vanished with the steady, day by day realization that he really, truly loves me.  He has never hurt me.  He always has my best interest at heart and is a perfect living example of the passage in I Corinthians 13.  His love is shown in his words, and his actions. My sweet Jem taught me about true love, and being married to him is like having Valentine's Day all year long.

My love -- the sweetest husband in the world
Love is patient and kind, not jealous, not boastful,
not proud, rude or selfish, not easily angered,
and it keeps no record of wrongs.
  Love does not gloat over other people’s sins
but takes its delight in the truth.
Love always bears up, always trusts,
always hopes, always endures. 
(I Corinthians 13: 4 - 7)


What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?

*********

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 




1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear your heart has found a home! What a lovely intro to your story!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.