Friday, July 14, 2017

Sabbath Music - Bird Music


One of my favorite CDs is nothing but birds singing.  I love to play it during my morning quiet time and on Shabbat.  I love how the neighborhood birds come to my yard and call back to the birds they hear on my CD.  It makes for some beautiful bird music. . . and a wonderful accompaniment to my worship. 


This morning, I watched a mother mockingbird encouraging a young one to get his own food.  The youngster chirped impatiently and kept opening his mouth.  The parent opened her mouth and leaned back each time.  Eventually, the young one began pecking at the suet and managed to get his own food.  The parent flew away. 

Yeshua said, "Consider the birds." I do that a lot, and I've learned some good life lessons through my silent watching. 



The mockingbirds taught me today:  Birds do not continue to feed their young forever.  The time comes for them to forage on their own.  There's a lesson there for human parents.  The day comes when we have to let them go. . . to sink or swim on their own.  So, cut those apron strings, mama.  If you've taught them well, and they still want to stay in the nest. . . you have to hold back, like the mockingbird.  Tell them it's time to fly own their own. Let them go and trust Hashem to provide and guide them.

Just a thought to ponder on Shabbat, dear Gail-Friends.

My music for today is birds singing, and I hope you listen, enjoy, and worship.  As always, I pray you have a good Shabbos.

~ ~ ~ ~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday

2 comments:

  1. "The mockingbirds taught me today: Birds do not continue to feed their young forever. The time comes for them to forage on their own. There's a lesson there for human parents. The day comes when we have to let them go. . . to sink or swim on their own."

    This was exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you so much for sharing this lesson.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.