Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Post Holiday Update

This was the week before the flu hit.


No, I'm not dead, but at times I felt very near it.  I've had a two week bout with the flu and it was rough.  I kept asking my husband if I was going to die.  It sure felt like it:  fever, chills, sweats, nausea like being pregnant, sore throat, head and chest cold, cough...you get the idea.  Anyway, I stayed in bed for ten whole days, my dear Gail-Friends.  That's a long time, especially during the holidays. 

Thank G-d for my husband.  He is a wonderful, kind and caring nurse.  And thanks to the kind food gifts of friends and family, we didn't go hungry for sure.  The sad part was not being able to see my children, grandson or my mother during that time.  I missed our synagogue's Hanukkah party and all the fun with the little ones that I enjoy so much.  Didn't get to make all the fun foods I had planned on making.  Didn't get to go to parties and get togethers.

I did go and visit my mother at the nursing home yesterday and take her a gift.  I wore a mask and didn't get anywhere close to her.  We threw kisses at each other and I told her I loved her.  She seemed so happy to see me.  Jem has been taking care of her, too, while I was sick.  I have the best husband in the world.

We did get to spend some time with our grandson before I got sick, so I'm sharing some pics from the day before I hit the bed.  I hope you enjoyed your holiday, and take my advice:  get a flu shot. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.