Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thankful Thursday #6 - Psalm 27


Thankful Thursday is my weekly discipline - to express my gratitude to Hashem for His over-flowing, abundant blessings. 

Today, I am so thankful for Psalm 27.  This psalm has ministered to me many, many times over the years.
 
There have been times in my life when I have been assaulted by my enemies - real people.  Most of the times, though, my enemies have been the works of "the" enemy, satan.  The enemy whispers thoughts of worry, fear, stress,  and vain imaginations to me in order to steal my joy and peace.  

Psalm 27 is my answer.

When unsettling thoughts assail me, I choose to remember ADONAI  is with me, and I open my Bible.  I read these fourteen verses slowly and meditate on each one.  


Verse six says: " I will offer...sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the L-rd."  That's my cue to put on some praise music like this and sing (out loud).  

Ahhhhh, I take a deep breath.  Yes, Father, I know You are with me.  You will ease my mind and heart.  You will give me Your strength...wisdom...discernment...whatever I need.  Thank You, Father, for your sweet peace. Thank You for Your JOY!


Psalm 27

King James Version (KJV)
27 The L-rd is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the L-rd is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
One thing have I desired of the L-rd, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the L-rd all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the L-rd, and to inquire in his temple.
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the L-rd.
Hear, O L-rd, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, L-rd, will I seek.
Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O G-d of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the L-rd will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O L-rd, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the L-rd in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the L-rd: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the L-rd.
~~~~~~~~~ 

3 comments:

  1. Hi. I've come here through Thursday Favorite Thing.
    Psalm 27 is one of my favorite Psalms, and I enjoyed reading it "with you" today.
    He is my light and salvation.

    Blessings to you.

    http://romisdg.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings, Gail - and many thanks for these encouraging words. I am so close to cancelling the daily newspaper. Can't stand current events - I have a sense of grief and also anticipation waiting for the Lord's return as He has promised in the midst of these self same current events. Clinging to the cross and the Psalms are always such a comfort when fear and worry knock at the door.
    Taking joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn - I feel the same. I feel like Lot. My soul is vexed by what I see around me. I say, "Come, L-rd Yeshua...and soon!" But, we were born for such a time as this....we have work to do for His Kingdom. Light to shed on this darkness. I pray for your strength to continue your good work.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.