Saturday, November 22, 2014

Simchat Torah 5775

Simchat Torah - Rejoicing in the Torah

Each year, following Sukkot, we always celebrate Simchat Torah.  While it is not one of Adonai's commanded feasts, it is a Jewish tradition.  Simchat Torah means "Rejoicing in the Torah" and that is what we do.  We dance around the synagogue while carrying the Torah scroll.  We also remember that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Living Word, and that He showed us how to live according to the Torah.

We stay up all night long to learn more about G-d's blessed Holy Word that He has lovingly preserved for us.  We study, then eat, then dance...and repeat...until the sun comes up.  Then, we go home and sleep all day - because it is Shabbat! (actually, some don't make it through till dawn, and I'm one of them.  I'm such a sleepyhead)

Here are a few photos from our happy time together. 




Raising the Torah scroll up in the air while dancing is not an easy task, because it is pretty heavy.

The blessing of the children under the tallit.

Next week is Thanksgiving week, and I'll be preparing for my family celebration.  I hope you'll stop by because I'm back in my routine now, and will resume Wisdom Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, and will write more about my Israel trip.  

As I begin to make my gratitude list, my sweet Gail-Friends readers are one of my most precious gifts that will be remembered.  Blessings to you all, and I pray you have a safe and happy holiday.  


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I'm a sleepy head too. I never could stay up all night for anything. LOL.
    Thank you for sharing. We can learn so much from Messianic Christians.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stopped by, Charlotte. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.