Thursday, September 7, 2017

Are You Afraid? Are You Weary? A Song For You

From 2016 - but praying for His hand to protect us again


If you've just gone through Hurricane Harvey. . . or if you're afraid of Hurricane Irma. . . or if you are weary from preparations or cleanup and think you can't go on, please take heart, Gail-Friends.  I pray this post will give you hope.  With G-d's help, we can get through anything.

 


The photo above is the board I used on my window when I went through three hurricanes back to back -- Charlie, Frances, and Jeanne.  We used them last year for Hurricane Matthew.  We're using them now in preparation for Irma.  Back then I prayed for His protection and meditated on Psalm 91.  That's what we're doing this week, too, while we work to get our home and yard ready to ride out the storm.  It's a lot of work , and we're tired, but we're calling on His strength and trusting Him to protect us.



Have you ever been so weary that you couldn't take another step?  Maybe you feel that way right now.  Take heart, dear one.  You will get through, and He will give you His strength to press on.  All you have to do is ask Him.  Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.

If you're bone-tired and spirit weary, I hope this song will minister to you, as it has me, many, many times. His Strength Is Perfect by Michael W. Smith

The song was introduced to me about five years ago.  My oldest daughter was in the hospital emergency room in critical condition.  I hadn't slept in almost twenty-four hours. While her husband arranged for her admittance,  I sat with my head back against the wall, wondering how I'd be able to hold my head up one minute longer.  All I could pray was, "G-d, help me hold on."

A security guard walked into the room and sat a radio on the small desk near my chair.  He turned it on and walked away.  This is the song I heard, and it was as if my Heavenly Father wrapped His arms around me.  As I listened to the words, I felt His strength flow into my tired body and exhausted spirit.  I was renewed, and able to continue for several more hours until my daughter was admitted.

I learned a valuable lesson through that hard experience.  I learned about His enabling strength.  It is great, and it's available when we ask Him.  I'm so thankful He taught me this.  As with every hard thing I've gone through in life, I know something about HIM that no one can ever take away from me. 

Please let me know if you need prayer right now for anything.  I'll be blessed to pray for you, Gail-Friends.


I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sweet Sister, prayers for you as you prepare and ride out this historical storm. I'm in the panhandle, not expecting anything like what you are facing, but of course being native Floridians, we're not surprised at all this these storms do. Be safe, let us hear from you as soon as possible after the "winds die down." We want to know that you and your family are okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. It's been a busy week with preparing, riding out the storm, and then cleaning up. I posted a post-hurricane update. I hope everything went well with you up in the panhandle. Let us know. I was praying for the whole state. Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.