Friday, March 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Two Exciting Things This Week



graphic courtesy of Little Birdie Blessings

By now, Y'all know I'm a bird nerd.  Well, this week I received a wonderful, long-awaited bird blessing.  I have prayed to see one of these birds:

photo from Wikipedia
This is an indigo bunting.  I saw him earlier in the week and I was SO EXCITED!   I was praising ADONAI and thanking Him all week for this beautiful blessing.  

I prayed to get a photo, so I kept my camera close by.   A couple of days later, I saw him at the birdfeeder.  I got several shots before he flew away.  I'm so thankful.  I'll share them next week.

You have to know how it is with us bird nerds.  We keep a written record of the birds we see, and we are always on the lookout for the next sighting.  So, dear Gail-Friends, this is a major happening in my life.  

And yes, I do pray about seeing birds.  I've done it many, many times.  Please know this, Gail-Friends -- our Heavenly Father cares about the big and little things in our lives.  How do I know?  Because the Bible tells me so:
Don’t worry about anything; 
on the contrary, make your requests known to God 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving.
 (Philippians 4:6 CJB)

Oh, yes, He even cares about our desire to see birds.  I've written stories about it, too.  As a matter of fact, I'm working on a book that will be a collection of my bird prayers and adventures.  

Speaking of books, the second exciting thing that happened this week was this! 
Yessir - that's my baby!
I received the proof copy of my new book Golden Moments.  What a thrill!  I've had many articles and poems published as well as being a co-author of two other books, but this will be first solo project.  This book and is a compilation of inspirational stories about my answers to prayer and "aha" moments in my life.  Some are funny and some are deadly serious.  All are true.  I'm publishing them with the hope of inspiring the reader to pray about everything, no matter how small.  I'll be sharing more about it in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

Winter is still hanging on here on central Florida, but I'm not complaining.  While many are weathering snow storms, I'm just dealing with over-night lows in the forties.  For that, I'm very, very thankful.  I love this graphic and poem, don't you?  It's from the group Garden of Bright Images on Facebook.  She posts so many lovely things.   Yes! Spring is coming!



What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?

~~~
 I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.