Monday, March 26, 2018

'Round Golden Cottage

My hibiscus are blooming


Greetings, Gail-Friends:

This is going to be a busy week, so I'm posting my usual Thursday post on Monday.  I'll be doing preparations for Passover, which begins on Friday at sundown.  So, here are a few happenings around Golden Cottage.

I told you on Thursday that I'd share the photos of the indigo bunting that visited Golden Cottage Garden last week.  First, I must say how thankful I am to Hashem for answering my prayer to find the transfer cord.  And a big thank you to my son-in-love William for helping me.  Well, here you go:


 I was SO EXCITED!!!

The Sabbath was a wonderful day.  It started with a phone call with our oldest daughter, Melissa. She shared a burden on her heart, and I ask you to please say a prayer for her.  If you would pray for her daily, I would greatly appreciate it.

We went to a nearby bluegrass concert that afternoon, and it was delightful.  Such a joy to sit outside under the spreading oak trees as the moss waved in the soft, warm breeze.  There were several groups playing some of the old-timey, toe-tapping tunes I've heard since childhood.   One old favorite was, Come Home, It's Suppertime.  It brought back so many memories.  We had a wonderful, refreshing Sabbath afternoon.


We had a good laugh when we heard they were having a hog-calling contest.  Remember, Y'all, we live in the country, so there were some well-seasoned in that skill, I'm sure.  We left early so we didn't stay for it.  I told Jem, "Wouldn't it be hilarious if you entered that contest?  Can you imagine you winning it and everybody saying, a rabbi won the hog-calling contest!"  We laughed all the way to the car.  I almost double-dog dared him to do it, but I've learned better.  I love that man.


On Sunday, our youngest daughter, grandson and I attended a local performance of The Secret Garden.  We were celebrating Amanda's 40th birthday.  First, we ate lunch at a restaurant that had this painting on the wall.  I'd love to paint something like this on my fence.




My baby and my grand-baby!  Two of my loves!


Amanda's got her signature Love Glasses on!

The man in the white coat, Will, and the young woman are cast members.  Will and Amanda have performed together in several local productions.  The young woman on the right played a housemaid with a Yorkshire accent, and she nailed it perfectly.  I thought she was from England until we talked after the show.  The musical production was beautifully done but didn't follow the book as I remember it.  Actually, there were some very disturbing songs and scenes.  The Secret Garden was my favorite book as a child and I read it several times.  I'm going to do some research and write a separate post about it.

One of the cast members wore a beautiful lace jacket that I fell in love with, so I asked if I could take photos.  Believe it or not, Gail-Friends, this is made from a tablecloth.  Isn't it dreamy?  I have to make one because this has Gail Golden written all over it.


I'll leave you with this item, seen at a local garage sale.  It's a one of a kind, I'm sure -- a casket that opens to become a couch!!!   We had a good laugh at this, but like a friend said, "Use it now, use it later!"


Blessings to you all, Gail-Friends, and have a good week.

~~~
 I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.