Friday, May 15, 2020

Thankful Thursday - Life is Good on Golden Pond


Greetings, Gail-Friends!  I'm back!  Thought I'd take a break since I posted every day for thirty days.  I don't know about you, but it was good to focus on praise during the quarantine.  It helped me keep my mind off the gloom and doom of the alphabet media.

We watch CBS news - not because we want to know what's going on in the world, but because we want to see what propaganda they're feeding people.  Sometimes I think their sole purpose is to keep people scared to death.  If we didn't have faith and full assurance that He has everything under control, we'd be worried.  But we DO, and we're NOT.

We've been working around Golden Cottage and Pond and it is looking beauty-full.  The photo above is a window box I made with Dollar Tree flowers and an old thrifted basket I've had forever.  I've been cleaning out papers, filing in my office, working on my next book, and Jem (aka Mr. Green Jeans) has been working in the garden.


He's worked so hard - on his hands and knees - re-doing the bricks and paving stones around the pond.  Isn't it gorgeous?



We got to spend some time with our grandson over the last couple of weeks and what a JOY he's brought to our hearts.


We've gone to the park, had picnics, fed squirrels, and watched birds.





and other creatures:

Our neighbor's dog visiting the Golden Cottage watering hole

along with one of those fluffy-tailed rats (aka squirrels) - my nemesis
Our black racer, Sam, who's been around Golden Cottage for many years.

We even saw a rocket launch


And we looked at and talked about helicopters.  He LOVES them.  Knows all about the names and models, etc.  He's like his grandfather Jem, a walking encyclopedia of information.


We wore our masks when we were around other people - 




But now our quarantine is OVER!!!  HALLELUYAH!  Our state is opening up and we are so happy  We celebrated by going out to eat IN a restaurant.

Jem, always the joker, says, "They told us to wear masks!"  I told him, "I vote for YOU as the best person in the whole, wide world to be quarantined with."

WHO IS THAT MASKED MAN????  My dear, sweet, gentleman  hubby, Jem (aka The Lone Rabbi)
I'm thankful that we, and everyone we know, is healthy and unaffected by the virus.  All of our needs are met abundantly, and all is well.  Life is good at Golden Cottage!  Halleluyah Again!

What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?

 I sometimes share my posts with these friends:


2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my life as I celebrate my birthday today. Thank you, God, for always being there for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday, Pat! I'm glad you stopped by today - because you were the winner of one of my books. If you would, please email me at gggolden77@gmail.com and give me an address to mail your book. Congratulations!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.