Friday, October 14, 2022

Sukkot Reflections

 

 


 Today is the fifth day of Sukkot - the time of our rejoicing!!  I love this week of spending time in the sukkah - meditating on the goodness of ADONAI and of soaking in His presence.  I turn on beautiful music and listen to the music in my beautiful Golden Cottage Garden.  That garden music is the songs of the birds, bees, and the soft sound of falling flowers from our Golden Rain trees.  Oh, what a wonderful time of stillness is Sukkot.  

I take my cup of coffee, my Bible and journal, along with my favorite daily meditation books*, and sit at the table in our sukkah.  I pray, meditate on what I've read, and then write my thoughts on the readings.  I listen to my Heavenly Father speak to my heart, and record His words in my journal. My soul is restored and full of JOY!


One morning this week, I was making a video of the golden rain falling and I heard something different from the normal garden songs.  I heard a shofar blowing.  It seemed very far off, but I recognized that beautiful sound immediately.  Here is the video.  It's not very loud, so I hope you can hear it:


Did you know that the Scripture says that when Yeshua returns, a trumpet will sound.  I believe that trumpet is the shofar.  It's a very unique sound.  Here's a video of shofar blowing that I love to listen to. 

Sound of the shofar

This year (for the first time), we built our sukkah on the patio (first pic in this post).  We did it because rain was forecast.  I've really enjoyed it, too.  Haven't had to fight the mosquitos or keep brushing away the golden rain blossoms.  I kind of miss that part, though!  Oh, another thing I like about it is I don't have to be wary of Sam, our "pet" black racer that lives in our yard.  He's been here for years and is about four feet long.  Here's a recent pic of him gliding through the flowers around the pond.  

 


That's Sam - or could be Samantha!  We recently had a baby snake out back, which tells me there's a family.  I'm not afraid of snakes, especially this kind, because they eat frogs, lizards, rodents, and other creepy, crawly visitors to the pond.  I just don't like the idea of one crawling over my foot while I'm meditating.  

This week, I found a YT video that really blessed me.  It's about the Fall Holidays, describing a king who visits his kingdom and spends time with those He loves.  I love thinking of these appointed times in the way she describes.  Our King of Kings, Yeshua Hamashiach, draws near to us and "tabernacles" with us during Sukkot.  The video mentions the extra day that He lingers, enjoying fellowship with us.  I want to linger, too, and often keep the sukkah up for another week or two because I enjoy doing my daily quiet time there.  

Why Celebrate Sukkot

The Feast of Tabernacles will be celebrated in Heaven.  Did you know that?  All of the Holidays are picture of our Messiah.  They are physical, tactile symbols to deepen our understanding of spiritual concepts, and I deeply love them. 

To learn more about Sukkot, you can read my previous posts.  Just look on the right side of the page and click on Sukkot.  

Blessings to you, dear Gail-Friends.  Chag Sukkot!

*Streams in the Desert and Come Away My Beloved



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy building a sukkah for you each year. You enjoy it so much, and get so much pleasure from it. You are my greatest blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my dear sweet husband - the best husband in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.