Friday, December 23, 2016

Sabbath Music - Joy to the World


Shabbat is coming as the sun goes down. What a JOY to have Shabbat, Hanukkah, and Christmas all together in one weekend.


Yesterday, we went to a nearby city to run some errands.  The traffic was horrible gridlock, with people trying to get to the mall.  We knew a shortcut and avoided it, all the while thanking G-d we didn't have to get caught up in the craziness.  It brought back memories of years long past, when I was a part of it.  I'm so glad I learned to focus on worship instead of gift buying, decorating, and all that Christmas has become.  So much of the busyness of this time of year is about what the world presses us to do:  spend money.  G-d must shake his head in sadness.

Christmas is about the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  It's about rejoicing that our Savior has come.  Let's give Him the gift of our time, by being still, worshiping Him, praising Him, and rejoicing in all that He is to us.  Let's make it a holy time, Gail-Friends.  Let's make it about HIM. **

This rendition of Joy to the World is by Whitney Houston, and I love the JOY I feel every time I hear it. I hope you feel it, too, and I hope you get up and dance with me. And while you're there, listen to more of the songs on that album.  It is wonder-FULL.

  I pray you have a blessed Sabbath, and a JOY-filled Hanukkah and Christmas.

" The really important things are not houses and lands, 
stocks and bonds, automobiles and real state,
but friendships, trust, confidence, empathy, mercy, love and faith."

~Bertrand Russell

**To learn how we combine Hanukkah and Christmas, click HERE.  

Beginning on December 24, I will be posting a series about Hanukkah entitled 8 Gifts of Hanukkah.  I hope you'll come back for a visit.


**************

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.