Friday, January 20, 2017

Sabbath Music - Keep On The Sunny Side


This song has been running through my head this week, so I thought I'd share it with y'all:  Keep On The Sunny Side.  It pretty much sums up a Scripture I've been meditating on, too.

"A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones." 
(Proverbs 17:22)

The Sabbath is a big part of that, Gail-Friends.  Our bodies need rest.  G-d knows our frame -- that we are dust.  It's important to rest, yes.  It's also important to keep our minds on the good things, too.  That's how we rest our minds and spirits and stay on the "sunny side".

Philippians 4:8 tells us how to do that:  "... focus your thoughts on what is true, noble, righteous, pure, lovable or admirable, on some virtue or on something praiseworthy."

This concept is taught in the Old Testament, too:

It is good to give thanks to Adonai
and sing praises to your name, ‘Elyon, 
  to tell in the morning about your grace
and at night about your faithfulness,
 to the music of a ten-stringed [harp] and a lute,
with the melody sounding on a lyre.
 For, Adonai, what you do makes me happy;
I take joy in what your hands have made.
 How great are your deeds, Adonai!
How very deep your thoughts!

(Psalm 92:1-6)

Most mornings, I sit on my porch and write a prayer of thanks in my journal.  This gets my soul in a happy state.  Then, at night, I list the good things that have happened that day.  This helps me sleep better.


Shabbat shalom, Gail-Friends, and have a wonderful week.

*************

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 

2 comments:

  1. How true! We have a choice what we think about and we have so much to be thankful for ... even if the only thing we had was our relationship with Him! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.