Thursday, March 30, 2017

Thankful Thursday - The Joys of Boys






 Greetings Gail-Friends:

Before I talk about the joys of boys, here are a few of my abundant blessings this week:

That's our Zoe-Girl in the photo above.  I'm thankful for her because she's a faithful friend, protects us, and loves to lick my feet.  I get a nightly pedicure thanks to her!

She loves to ride in the basket of our new three-wheel bike, and that's another blessing.  I prayed for a new bike, and the L-rd answered that prayer.  I love this new one because it has a big basket for our Zoe-Girl, a big, comfy seat, a rear-view mirror, and a flag.  Hubby and I take turns riding it.  We have other bikes, but this basket fits the puppy perfectly.  We have her harness attached to the basket so that she can't jump out.


This sign made me smile when I stopped by the river to meditate this week.  I'm thankful for whoever put it there.  Don't you know they are good people, and kindred spirits? If you're ever in Oak Hill, Florida, head east for a beautiful, leisurely ride along the river, and enjoy a nearby water-front restaurant called Goodrich's.

I made a trip to Jacksonville for some fun time with a few of my old girlfriends.  We ate out, did some thrift shopping, and enjoyed lots of talking about our younger days.  We even stayed up late -- 10:00 pm!  We laughed about that, remembering the days when we could stay up all night.  One of my friends was in my first-grade class in elementary school.  How many of you have a friend you've been close with for sixty years?  I'm thankful for her, and other friends I've had for fifty plus years.  We've all stayed friends because we've valued our friendship and kept in touch.

In my friend's kitchen, I saw this frying pan, which I painted for her about thirty years ago.


It brought back memories of when I used to do art shows.  I sold items like this along with canvas paintings to keep my girls in a private Christian school.  I switched to watercolor painting a few years ago, and only do it for my own pleasure now.



I'm always so thankful for precious time with loved ones, especially our grandson. Our pond is currently full of polliwogs, so he and PawPaw caught some.  They put them in this fish tank, and are doing a science experiment to see how they turn into frogs.

One of my friends gifted him with a big tub of Legos, and we spent a whole day playing with them.  I'd never played Legos before . . .  and, ah, the joys of boys!  Since I had two daughters, I've been very thankful to experience how much fun boys are.  It's a whole new world for sure.



And when his daddy came to pick him up, he joined in because he loves Legos, too!



Speaking of boys, my sweet husband made blueberry pancakes and turkey sausage for supper tonight.  Just one more thing to be thankful for this week.

I'm a blessed woman.  Yes, I have problems like everybody else in this world, but I make a choice daily, to focus on my blessings.

What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all the blessings in my life.

**************




I sometimes share my posts with these friends:


Spiritual Sundays     Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


2 comments:

  1. It is always a blessing to step back and see all the ways God has blessed us in our day-to-day lives. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I've found it to be a discipline that has blessed me abundantly. There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.

      Nice to have you visit, and I like your name. I'm narrow-minded, too.

      Blessings and come back soon!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.