Thursday, March 16, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Purim, Pigs and President Trump



Today's the day to send a postcard to encourage and support President Trump.  Send your cards to:

President Donald Trump
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, DC.  20500

I'm thankful we have a man in office who is taking action to turn our country around.  He's worked round the clock since taking office, all the while being ridiculed and accused of all manner of evil.

I hope you will join me in encouraging him with a postcard this week.  Let him know you're praying for him, too.

Here are a few of the things I'm thankful for this week:

Time with my grandson, making hamentaschen for Purim

fun time with him at the library

A girl's day out with two of my long-time friends Rita and Linda.  We've been friends for fifty years!!!!


A wonderful Purim party
Look who's marching in the Purim parade.
We had so much fun.  I'll be posting more about the party next week.  This week has been so busy. We've had our grandson with us, and I'd forgotten how much time children consume.  I'm not complaining, Gail-Friends, believe me.  Having him with us is pure JOY!

Week before last, we went to Barberville.  There was a farmers swap:

we saw chickens, goats

ducks

baby ducks (so cute!)
turkeys, sheep
 
Hubby fell in love with this little girl and wanted to adopt her:


 Can you imagine a rabbi with a pot-bellied pig?

The farmers swap included a flea market, and I told hubby, "They have everything but the kitchen sink."  We turned the corner, and . . . TA-DAH!


I went to a dulcimer lesson in the old school house.  It had the old timey school desks, and this nostalgic item:

Aren't we glad that some old timey ways have stayed in the past?

I saw this little wooden bird, and took a photo because I'd like hubby to make some for our garden.





We went to lunch at a waterfront restaurant nearby, and I saw this painting.  Isn't it just the happiest thing?



That afternoon, we attended a jam session in the old school house.  It was interesting to see the different types of stringed instruments being played.


In the hallway of the old school house, I spied this home-made bass fiddle.  Just the week before, I'd been telling my grandson about how to make one. Another TA-DAH!!


 What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all the good things in my life.

 **********

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:


Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.