Friday, March 10, 2017

Sabbath Music - Maccabeats Purim Song





While writing this post (on Thursday), I'm making hamentaschen for our Purim celebration. My grandson and I have the tradition of cookie making for this holiday and for Hanukkah.  I love doing this with him twice a year.  He loves to cook so I bought an apron for him that says, "HAPPY COOKER".

Oh Shabbat, we'll be singing Purim songs and thinking about the story of Esther.  On Saturday evening after our Havdallah service, we'll have a big party, including a play that tells the whole magillah in a hilariously funny way.  You can see posts about previous celebrations at this LINK.  That link will also take you to my recipe for easy peasy hamentaschen.

my daughter (aka Esther) at one of our Purim parties
One of the young women in our synagogue is organizing the party this year, and she is super talented in cooking and decorating.  I can't wait to see what she's planned.  It's going to be amazing, I'm sure.  I'll be posting photos next week, so check back for all the fun.

This song by the Maccabeats is one we enjoy every year.  It's called Purim Song, but is a take off on the song.  This video includes dancing, which I love.  Be sure to watch till the end because there's a little surprise.

I love Purim, and I love Shabbat, so having them together this year makes for a double blessing.  If you're celebrating Purim, I'd love to hear about your celebration.

This LINK will take you to some of my posts about our Purim celebrations in years past. 

Shabbat shalom and Chag Purim, Gail-Friends!



************


I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.