Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Spring Has Sprung



I'm grateful for the beautiful weather we've had this spring.  Usually, we go from cool (70's) to blazing hot (upper 90's) in one day.  Spring lingered this year (about six weeks) and it was just absolutely wonderful.  The highs during the day were in the mid 70's with light warm breezes.  This began around March 1 and has continued through April and into May.  This is why I call our home the Golden Cottage in paradise.


Rabbi Jem and I celebrated an anniversary this month and renewed our vows at the synagogue.  Two other couples joined us.


After the service and the big "smooch", we all sang the Beatles song, "64", which we'd played at our wedding.  That was so much fun!

I received some beautiful flowers.


That's another thing I'm thankful for - that fresh flowers are always available to enjoy.  I usually have fresh flowers in our home year 'round because they just make me so happy.  I'm thankful, too, that they can be purchased so inexpensively.  A bunch of carnations or daisies cost a mere $4 at our local grocery store.  They make me feel rich!

My dear friend (and fellow mother in law love), invited me to the annual spring tea party at the local women's club.  What a delightful time we enjoyed.

Fresh flowers and candlelight - two of my favorite things

Each lady had a unique and beautiful tea cup


Such a lovely silver tea set and a lovely lady to serve us tea.

So many pretty goodies - tasty tea sandwiches and even the popular French meringues. 

Isn't this punch bowl gorgeous?

Every lady in attendance received a handkerchief to take home.  Betty gave me hers because she knows I collect vintage hankies.



Speaking of tea parties, we had a fabulous tea party/baby shower at the synagogue this week.  Here's one of the pretty things the ladies enjoyed.  Next week, I'll share more of the festivities.  You won't want to miss it.  I've been to a great many baby showers, but this one wins the prize for creativity.



 What are you grateful for this week, Gail-Friends?

Thankful Thursday is my day of the week to focus on and be thankful for all the good things in my life.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends:



Spiritual Sundays     Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   
Modest Mom Monday Link-up         Growing Homemakers Link-Up       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.