Friday, May 19, 2017

Sabbath Music - Love Lifted Me


Are you preparing, Gail-Friends? It's preparation day for the Sabbath.  For me, that includes preparing the music for our congregation's worship service on Erev Shabbat.  This song has been on my mind this week after I read a meditation about being "lifted" by our Heavenly Father.

As you prepare for the Sabbath, you may be sad, overwhelmed by problems or emotions or fears and feel like you're sinking into a pit.   If that's you, meditate on these verses:


But You, Adonai, are a shield around me, my glory and the lifter of my head.
Psalm 3:4 


Hashem brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
Psalm 40:2-3

When people are brought low, and you say, ‘Lift them up!’
    then He will save the downcast.
Job 22:29

Hashem will lift up!!! What a glorious promise, Gail-Friends.  As we turn our faces to Him and tell him what's on our hearts, He will lift us up.  We don't have to make positive affirmations or act as if.  All we have to do is turn to Him.

Each week as we start our service, I see some people with sad faces, burdened with cares and concerns. Yes, I admit I'm like that sometimes, too. But because we came to observe His Sabbath, and begin to worship him in song and dance, we are lifted up!  Oh, Glory! Oh, Haleluyah!  As we put on the garment of praise, that spirit of heaviness has to go.   

This song is one I sang in church as a child and teenager.  I hope you enjoy it.  Love Lifted Me by Alan Jackson

My prayer for you, if you need it, is to be lifted up this Sabbath.

Good Shabbos, Gail-Friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:



Spiritual Sundays     Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   
Modest Mom Monday Link-up         Growing Homemakers Link-Up       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.