Friday, September 22, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Shana Tova




Greetings, Gail-Friends!  And Shana Tovah - Happy Year.  

Today, I'm thankful for our congregation coming together on a Wednesday evening to celebrate the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah)
 
Here are a few photos from our Rosh Hashanah celebration last night.

                                                     There were 100 blasts of the shofar



It's not easy...takes lots of practice, believe me!  I rarely can make a sound.

We sang, worshipped, and remembered Hashem's commandment to observe this holy day.

Our 358 year-old Torah scroll was taken from the ark. We thanked G-d for preserving
 His Word  for our generation.




As the Torah is passing by, we keep our eyes on it.  We do not turn our backs on it.  It is a tangible lessons for how our lives are to be lived.

And then, of course, we ate apples and honey to symbolize our prayers for a blessed year ahead.


 Lots and lots of apple desserts....and always, our traditional gifelte fish!  Someone asked me what it tastes like.  I laughingly said, "Cat food."  Then added, "It's an acquired taste.  I didn't like it at first, but now I love it.  It's best (to me) with horseradish sauce.






I love this picture of Rabbi Jem, taken before the blessing of the bread and wine.


Rabbi and I wish you a blessed year ahead.  




You can learn more about Rosh Hashanah  and why we celebrate it by clicking on the subject on the right side bar of this blog.


********
I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.