Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Purim Party

Our Purim party was so much fun!  (to learn about the Jewish holiday of Purim, click on this link: Purim)


We had a visit from the oldest rabbi of Israel
 who read the whole Megillah (the book of Esther).  
He kept falling asleep...so others had to help him
We had a costume contest...the winner was Cody, who dressed up as Hamaan
            
Adults dressed up, too

We played lots of games

A play about Purim was presented.  It was not rehearsed, which added to the hilarity.
And of course, we had lots of food!!! 
 My last batch of Hamentaschen turned out very pretty, 
don't you think?
(click here for my easy-peasy recipe)

                                   
I'm linking up to Faith filled Fridays
and Spiritual Sundays



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, to celebrate Purim! I have often thought Christians should try celebrating one or more of the Jewish feasts and festivals. We could learn a lot. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very fun!!! I was so happy that I knew what about the Jewish holiday, Purim. We studied about the Jewish/ Messianic Jewish faith and holidays during homeschool. We were very blessed.

    I'm glad I visited, this is a fun post.
    Visiting through Spiritual Sundays.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful fun thing to do. Love the pictures. Thank you for sharing this blessing with us.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there were Purim parties! I love the story of Esther and I would have liked to have heard that impromtu play. Nice to discover you.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.