Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Pond Tour # 5

Water lilies in one of the many ponds in the backyard


Our next stop on the pond tour was at the home of Pat and Candy Murphy, and they were the most hospitable couple we met that day.  They served hot dogs, drinks, and homemade brownies to everyone who visited their garden between 11 am and 1 pm.  They even invited us to come back for a party on St. Patrick's Day. They enticed us with stories about their corned beef and cabbage dinners.  Sounds like fun to me, so I marked my calendar.

Not only were they hospitable and welcoming, they  also were very generous in sharing their garden wisdom.  They even gave us cuttings from some of their plants. 

You know they love to entertain because they have so many areas for dining.  I counted five dining rooms in their backyard.  Here is the most colorful one:


Above is one view of this colorful and creative outdoor dining room.  There is a small pond in the foreground.  Below is the same room viewed from a different angle.


Don't you just love the eclectic beachy style and colors?


I loved this dining room, too.  So shady and inviting.  On the right is a outdoor bar and grill from which the refreshments were served.  
My daughter wanted a picture with this old wash tub.  We had one when she was growing up, and I called it her swimming pool.  I still have that old thing, too.  I have been called sentimental, and it's so true. 


These are raised garden beds for growing vegetables.  The only thing growing at the time were the two plants above.  I think it is cabbage, but I'm not sure.  He built the supports so he could put shade cloth over the beds.  The sun here in Central Florida is really hard on vegetable plants in the summer.  


 This is another view looking toward the vegetable garden.  There is a pond adjacent to the bench.  The wood stacked there is for the fire pit below:


 


This is a genius idea.  The fire pit is the brick structure above, which is covered by a moveable table.  There is a pond on the right, and another behind the bush with the blue flowers.  I didn't take pictures of the ponds because I did that last year.  You can see more of this garden HERE.


My grandson really liked this decorative fish.  I remember these being used as lamps in the 70's.  I love how this couple uses all kinds of art to decorate their garden, don't you?  


I love this winding pathway through the backyard, and their use of native plants for landscaping. 



We'll leave this happy garden with a view of some angel statues guarding one of the tiny ponds.  We are not finished with the tour, though, dear Gail-Friends.  Be sure to come back next week to see another beautiful pond and garden.  There is so much more I've yet to show you. 
 (Don't forget to go HERE to see more photos of the Murphy's wonderful garden.)

Thankful Thursday is my weekly discipline - to express my gratitude to Hashem for His over-flowing, abundant blessings.

***************
  I'm linking up today with:
 Spiritual Sunday

The Gathering Spot Link-Up

All Things Bright and Beautiful Link-Up

Modest Mom Monday Link-up 





A Wise Woman Builds
Whole Hearted Wednesday 
Wake Up Wednesday

Hearts for Home
Favorite Things 

Fab Creative Friday
Friendship Friday 
Freedom Friday

2 comments:

  1. What a breath of fresh air to read this post this morning. All week I've been reading super heavy, deep posts, so this was a nice break. Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Spiritual Sundays. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Michelle - I'm so glad you stopped by today. Come back again real soon.
      Shalom,
      GiGi

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.