Friday, April 28, 2017

Sabbath Music - Toda!




Happy Preparation Day, sweet friends.  I'm getting ready for Shabbat, and preparing the music for our Erev Shabbat service.  As you can tell by my weekly posts, I love music.  I recently learned that there are seven Hebrews words used for music.  Here's one of them:

TODA –   תודה   (pronounced “tow-dah”)

Toda literally means, an extension of the hand in adoration, avowal, or acceptance.  It is used for thanking G-d for things not yet received as well as things already at hand.

 Offer thanksgiving as your sacrifice to G-d,
pay your vows to El Yon - The Most High.
 Psalm50:14

Here are some other verses:  Psalm 50:23
Psalms 42:4; Psalm 56:12; Jeremiah 17:26; Jeremiah 33:11


Shabbat is our set-apart day to praise and worship ADONAI.  As I look around me, I find so much to be thankful for.  How can I not praise and worship Him?  I challenge you, Gail-Friends to do the same.  Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, look around and make a list of all you are blessed with.  Your heart will overflow with praise.

I've shared this song before, but am sharing it today because it used the word "toda", and I hope you enjoy it.  Toda by Benny Friedman  I dare you to watch this video and not get up and dance!  Well, maybe you won't, but I guarantee you'll be tapping your toes!

*******


I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays     Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   
Modest Mom Monday Link-up         Growing Homemakers Link-Up       



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.