Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Quiet Reflection

Golden Cottage Garden

Life has been a whirlwind since Hurricane Irma visited Golden Cottage.  My quiet time on the porch has been disturbed.  We moved everything off the porch and then decided to do a cleaning and painting project.  Subsequent rainy, windy days have delayed getting my "secret place" restored.   I've learned a new gratitude for the lovely spot where I enjoy quiet reflection, watching birds, and communing with my Heavenly Father.


I'm grateful for quiet reflection during the days leading up to Yom Kippur.  Every year, as we ponder the sins listed in our service's liturgy, I'm convicted of that same, old sneaky sin has crept back into my life:  murmuring and complaining.  My prayer during each day's quiet reflection will be to keep this in the forefront of my mind.   More on that during another post.   Thankful Thursday is a part of my resolve.

Here are a few photos of our Yom Kippur observance.

Several of the ladies in the synagogue have worked to make a priestly robe for Rabbi Jem to wear on this holiest day of the year.


The bottom of the tunic has bells and pomegranates, as described in the Torah.  We even had a cat help us with that project:

Thank you, Tebow

Rabbi Jem with brothers, Sam and James

Rabbi Jem during the Torah procession
And a big thank you to the ladies who helped make this project a success.  I will do a future post about the significance of the elements of the priestly robe.

After the service, we danced to the song Mashiach ben David, celebrating and thanking Him for Yeshua's great sacrifice for our sins.   Try to look over my singing in the background as I filmed the video.  Focus instead on James kicking up his heels during the dance.  :)


Rabbi Jem always says, "When the rabbi dances, everybody dances."

From Rabbi Jem, me, and our congregation, "May your name be written in the book of life for 5778, and may you have a blessed year of shalom."




What are you grateful for this week?



Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be grateful for all the good things in my life.
****

I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.