Friday, January 5, 2018

Thankful Thursday - The Beauty of Home



Greetings, Gail-Friends, and Happy New Year!  This week, I've been reflecting on the beauty of home.  Not just my own little cottage, but the concept of home.  I've turned into a real home-body in the last few years because I just love being at home.  This quote caught my heart this week:


"I wonder if it will be—can be—any more beautiful than this,’
murmured Anne, looking around her
with the loving, enraptured eyes of those to whom
 ‘home’ must always be the loveliest spot in the world,
no matter what fairer lands may lie under alien stars.”
~L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

A friend has this quotation in her home, and I think it expresses what I desire for my home.  To me, a beautiful home is not that it is filled with expensive decor or kept perfectly clean and tidy like a mazine phot.  The atmosphere of a home makes it beautiful.


Golden Cottage is a place filled with faith and with peace. It reflects the philosophy of our lives.  This grouping speaks of my love of music, birds, and faith.  The framed piece says, "All Is Well."  The key reminds me that we have the Keys to G-d's Kingdom.


My daughter gave me this ceramic dish, and I love it so much.  It reminds me to have open hands, not only to give, but also to receive.  I want to remember to give to others and to give my cares to G-d.  I want to be reminded also to receive from others and from G-d.  To accept and receive both the good and the bad.  I've learned that hard things draw me closer to Him and teach me lessons to share with others.  The key is another reminder to share and use the Keys of His Kingdom.


Here's another grouping on the living room wall that speaks of the atmosphere of our home.


I made this chalkboard reminder a few years back.  It reminds me of my word for the year.  That year, it was Listen.  Then in 2017, it was Words.  I haven't determined my word for 2018, but I'm praying about it.


By now, I guess you can tell that I like gold and white.  I've had this color scheme for fourteen years and I've never tired of it.  I read somewhere that people who decorate with white have a desire for peace.  Well, there ya go!  That's me.

Our back porch is probably my favorite part of Golden Cottage.  It's where I have my morning quiet time.  The porch has a view of Golden Pond and my bird feeders and bird baths.  My sweet husband built the pond just for me, and I call it my little bit of paradise.


Here, I read, write, paint, listen to music, watch birds, talk to my Heavenly Father, and listen to His tender, sweet voice. 
 

The porch is also my artist studio. You can see more about it HERE.

Our home is a place of peace, rest, love and JOY.  Gratitude for our humble, little Golden Cottage fills my heart every day. 

What are you grateful for about your home?  What makes it beautiful?

Blessings to you, Gail-Friends.

~~~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up






2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the chalkboard & word of the year idea. Might just copy this. I'm a porch person & spend a lot of time on my screened porch during good weather. I'm in Missouri so no porch time for me right now. ❄️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had much porch time this week, either, because the temps haven't gotten above the 50's. But, I'm so glad to hear the 70's are coming back this week.

      If you make that chalkboard, I'd love to see a pic. I bought the framed pic at a thrift store, and painted the pic with blackboard paint. It was a fun, easy project, and I love how it turned out.

      Blessings,
      GG

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.