Thursday, May 5, 2016

National Day of Prayer 2016

Today is the National Day of Prayer, and this is my prayer from my heart:

"Father, I praise You for the great blessing of being born in America. I was born in the 1950's and thank you for the peace our country has known ever since I've been in this world. I praise you that our country was founded on the principles of Your Holy Word. I remember how I used to hear the Bible every morning in school and how we prayed at the beginning of each school day. Forgive me for not standing up for You when the Bible and prayer were removed from our schools. Forgive me for not being involved in the selection of G-dly men and women for public offices on the local, state and national level. Forgive me for thinking that our country would always be a nation under Your holy laws. My indifference and neglect of my duties as a citizen have led to the downfall of our country. Forgive me for not praying every day for my country. Forgive me for disobeying Your Word by thinking it's really not important to obey everything You say. Forgive me for listening to preachers and teachers who told me to disobey your commandments, especially the commandment about Your Sabbath. You said, "above all my Sabbaths you shall keep." I'm so sorry for the part I've played in the demise of my country. I'm sorry for being afraid to speak up for You because of the threats of people and the government about politically correct words. Forgive me for not diligently teaching Your Truth to others. Help me to be fearless in telling people Your truth because it sets us free and gives us peace and comfort. I thank You that Jesus paid for these sins, and I praise You for His blood that paid the price. Father, I resolve to obey You in all things and to diligently study Your Word so I can know what "wicked ways" means because you said, "If my people who are called by My Name will humble themselves and pray, and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and heal their land." I will do this, and Father, I pray for You to have mercy on America. I know it can only come through repentance and a return to obedience to Your Word. Your Word and Your Ways are LIFE, and I pray for every one who reads this to repent, and turn to You, accept that You are the one, true G-d and our only hope is in You." Amen

I invite you to add your own prayer in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.