Friday, August 4, 2017

Sabbath Music - Hodu L'Adonai




Greetings, Gail-Friends.  Thanks for stopping by today,

The song I'm sharing today is one we sing every week in our synagogue, and it's been running through my mind all day.  Often, after we sing it, Rabbi Jem asks each person to tell what they're thankful for.  I always enjoy hearing the testimonies of what Hashem has done for the Ma'gen Da'vid family in the past week.  Even the little three and four-year olds share their blessings.

One little boy, James, started sharing, but then started complaining that Mommy had moved his toys.  Rabbi chuckled, and then said, "James this praise time, not complaining time!"  We all laughed because we all fall into that hole sometimes, don't we?

I always start my praise with, "I praise G-d that I can see, and hear, and walk, and talk, and think, and that I have strength." I learned that from an eighty-year old Jamaican lady years ago, and it's stuck with me.  I don't take those things for granted.  Everything is by His merciful hand.

Have a good week, and enjoy this song Hodu L'Adonai (Give Thanks) by Barry and Batya Segal.


~~~~~


I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.