Friday, December 8, 2017

Sabbath Music - Zealous Over Zion

David's Tower in Jerusalem


Shabbat Shalom, Gail-Friends!  We have cause for great rejoicing this Sabbath.  I hope you will meditate on the Scriptures I share today, and join me in prayer.

This week, President Trump fulfilled a promise to Israel by acknowledging Jerusalem as the capital city.  He has also said that the American embassy will be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.  This is the fulfillment of a promise made decades ago, and I applaud him for his courage and integrity.  No other president has been so brave.  The decision is not popular in the Middle East and has already caused violence.

I am very encouraged by this action because it shows President Trump's heart according to this verse:

Because I love Zion, I will not keep still. Because my heart yearns for Jerusalem, I cannot remain silent. I will not stop praying for her until her righteousness shines like the dawn, and her salvation blazes like a burning torch. The nations will see your righteousness. World leaders will be blinded by your glory. (Isaiah 62:1,2)
(Read the whole chapter, and you will be blessed and encouraged)

A message came from Adonai-Tzva’otAdonai-Tzva’ot says, ‘I am extremely jealous on Tziyon’s behalf, and I am jealous for her with great fury.’ Adonai says, ‘I am returning to Tziyon, and I will live in Yerushalayim. Then Yerushalayim will be called Truth City, Adonai-Tzva’ot’s Mountain, the Mountain of the Holy One. (Zechariah 8:1-3 CJB)
 (Also, read all of Zechariah chapter 8 to see more of the 
significance of Jerusalem) 

Blessed be Adonai out of Tziyon, He who dwells in Yerushalayim! Halleluyah! (Psalm 135:21)

Pray for shalom in Yerushalayim; may those who love you prosper.  
(Psalm 122:6)

I am reading through the Psalms in my quiet time, and this was in my reading just this morning:

For Adonai has chosen Tziyon (Israel), He has wanted it as His home. 
 (He says) "This is my resting-place forever, I will live here 
because I so much want to." 
(Psalm 132:13-14 CJB)



My prayer is that President Trump will continue to walk in the paths of justice and righteousness.

I have two songs for you this week.  First, Jerusalem of Gold sung in Hebrew, with English lyrics.  You can feel the longing in this song.  Second, Zealous Over Zion written and sung by Ted Pearce, and based on Zechariah 8.  Both of these songs are on my heart today.  

Good Shabbos, Gail-Friends, and please pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

**The photo at the beginning of this post is the Tower of David, aka the Jerusalem Tower.  The site was named for King David because he prayed at this location.  You can read about my visit to Jerusalem HERE.
 


I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.