Voting is a holy responsibility, and I pray for all who are voting in the primaries ahead. Our state votes next week, and we are praying for an outcome that will support President Trump's agenda.
This year's election is just as impactful as the presidential election in 2016. We elected a man who has worked tirelessly to turn our country around. His motto is Make America Great Again, and he has made huge strides to make that happen.
This primary election determines who will be voted for in November, so take it very seriously. Don't stay home, please. Your vote is needed to keep conservative voices in Congress.
Conservative Republicans (not RINOs) support:
- strong borders
- spending for a strong military
- free-market capitalism
- nationalism and patriotism
- the pro-life position -- are against baby murder (aka abortion)
Democrats are pushing for:
- baby murder (I can't soft-pedal this anymore, friends.)
- open borders, the abolition of ICE
- a weak military - more of a social experiment, really
- bigger government -- much, much more government control of our lives.
If you only listen to the major news networks, you will think President Trump has accomplished very little. Don't be deceived, friends. The list of positives is long, and you can see some of them right HERE. That list hasn't been updated since April so you can add to that a few more successes:
- His success in the economy. The stock market continues to soar, jobs are coming back because corporations are coming back to the USA. Joblessness is at an all-time low, including women, blacks, and Hispanics.
- He's been effective on tariffs to rectify the horrible deals made by past presidents.
- He's been successful in talks with North Korea for nuclear disarmament.
- He's gotten us out of the Iran deal, which still makes me scratch my head. Cash money stacked up in huge piles and sent by plane. The truth will come out about that soon.
- He's making NATO pay up for all the favors we've done for decades. They now will have to pay their share.
- He's obliterated ISIS. Heard anything about them lately?
- He's made it possible for veterans to get private medical care without having to go through the VA. (This means a lot to us since my husband is a veteran.)
- He's working to clean up the FBI and several other agencies. These have become corrupt and his efforts are what he calls "Draining the Swamp". Believe me, there are some nasty creatures in the DC swamp, and I'm praying for them all to be removed quickly.
- He's working to make social media a level playing field. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, and others are not playing fair with conservatives.
He's keeping his campaign promises, too. You can see them at this link, PROMISES KEPT.
President Trump has upheld conservative ideals with fervor and complete dedication. I'm very glad he was elected, and I want to do everything I can to elect people to Congress who will support his agenda for the next two years.
How can I/we/you do that?
- Vet the candidates. Don't believe the commercials you see about them. Check the facts for yourself, And don't trust your local news outlet to tell you the truth either. Look up their voting record. Do a search engine investigation of them and see what you find.
- Stand outside the perimeter of your voting place and hold a sign saying, "Keep America Great - vote for Conservatives." It's a lot of fun to wave signs. Yes, you will get some hand gestures and mean words, but put on your big-girl panties and deal with it by smiling and waving back.
- Talk about politics. I know this might be scary for you because you've been taught not to talk about politics and/or religion. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! We must join in the conversation by talking about politics AND religion in person and on social media. We must stop "putting our LIGHT under a bushel," as the Bible says, because "The entrance of His Word (Truth) brings light." We also are to love those in darkness because we were there once ourselves. We're all on a journey, Gail-friends.
God really laid this blog post on my heart today when I read this Scripture passage this morning:
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."
– Ephesians 6:10-18
– Ephesians 6:10-18
The forces of evil are raging. We have to use our spiritual weapons in this fight for America. We also, have to use our rights and duties as citizens to fight against these forces - voting, vetting the candidates, contacting our representatives about our concerns, and holding their feet to the fire, and most of all -- speaking out for the things that made America great:
- The Judeo-Christian beliefs of the Bible
- Free-market capitalism
- Nationalism - not Globalism
- Patriotism - pride in and love for our country, our flag, our language, and our culture
- Respect and protection for our Constitution
- Obedience to law and order
- Strong borders and legal immigration
- A strong military
- Respect for our military and law enforcement officers
- Respect for self and others. We were even taught this in public schools in the America I grew up in. We were spanked!!! At school and at home!!! (That's fodder for another blog post...)