Friday, August 31, 2018

Sabbath Music - The Hound of Heaven

Greetings and Shabbat Shalom to you, Gail-Friends.  I must start off with an apology.  Lately, I'd noticed I was not getting any comments here on the blog but I was busy and just shrugged it off.  Yesterday, I got an email from Blogger asking me if I wanted to continue to get notifications about new comments.   Well, of course, I do!  I don't know what happened to make them stop, but I should be getting those notifications going forward.  I've gone back through and answered the comments made ever since June to catch up, and I sincerely apologize for not acknowledging and responding to your comments.  I appreciate and always respond when someone takes the time to stop in and leave a message, especially the kind ones.

I have a song for you today that always makes me tear up.  The Lighthouse is a song that gives me chills and fills my heart with gratitude because, as the song says, I don't know where I'd be without Yeshua in my life.  He saved me and set me on the right path.

This is a good meditation for Shabbat -- just sit and think where your life would be if you didn't have Him and His Word.  I often wonder how people cope with life without The Good Shepherd's tender love, voice, and guiding hand.  Well, actually, I do know -- because I lived without Him for many years and was pretty much a mess.  Oh, I went to church but didn't truly follow His Word or His Ways.  I'm so grateful for the "Hound of Heaven" that chased me down and brought me to my knees in repentance, where I learned of a whole new world.  Here's the first stanza of that epic poem by Francis Thompson:




The Hound Of Heaven

By Francis Thompson (1890)

I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind; and in the mist of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter.
Up vistaed hopes I sped;
And shot, precipitated,
Adown titanic glooms of chasmèd fears,
From those strong Feet that followed, followed after.
But with unhurrying chase,
And unperturbèd pace,
Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
They beat—and a Voice beat
More instant than the Feet—
‘All things betray thee, who betrayest Me.’

Have you had experience with the Hound of Heaven?

I hope you have learned that that hound turned out to be the loving, tender Good Shepherd.

Blessings and Ahava (love) to you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.