Friday, August 17, 2018

Sabbath Music - Be Thou My Vision



Today's Sabbath song is an old Irish hymn:  Be Thou My Vision sung by Allison Krauss.  The lyrics of this song are a great meditation for the Sabbath:
 
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart 
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art 
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night 
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light
 Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word 
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord 
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son 
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one 
Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise 
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always 
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart 
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art 
High King of Heaven, my victory won 
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun
 Heart of my own heart, whate’er befall
 Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all 

I love the phrase, "my Treasure Thou art", don't you?  What a treasure He is in my life.  Knowing Him, and having His Word and Spirit, are my greatest gifts in this life.  I am rich, Gail-Friends, just filthy rich!

Let's spend our Sabbath praising Him for this glorious, unspeakable gift.


graphic used by permission from Garden of Bright Images on Facebook



2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love these lyrics. So much so I use them in my soon-to-be-published book. Public domain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's great news, Kathryne! I'm so glad to hear it. Blessings on your new project.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.