Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Bird Friends

 

Have you ever thought of birds as friends?  I do because they visit me every day and bring m.e JOY!  As I watch them, I'm always reminded that Yeshua said, "Consider the birds. . ."  I consider them by watching them and in doing so, I've learned many lessons.  I call them "bird blessings", and they are the subject of my next book, which I'm working on currently. 

 

I also remember that He provides and cares for the birds and He cares for me.  If I ever get burdened with cares, all I have to do is spend time watching my feathered friends.  They never fail to lift the doldrums. 

Golden Cottage Garden has had an abundance of cardinals this summer.  Look at this gorgeous fellow giving me the eye. 



There were several at the feeders on this cloudy day.  All of them were young . . . still developing their color

Feeding time for baby

I think this is a female with a young one

This cardinal couple visited the feeders together one morning

They looked back at each other and then . . .


She seemed to scold Dad.  I imagined her saying, "Where's Junior?"

We've had a couple of new birds visit this summer.  I think this is a nut-hatch, but not sure.




This little one has me stumped.  I think it might be a young Carolina wren, but again I'm not sure.


Same bird, but he's soaking wet from the rain.


I saw this one at the feeder right outside my kitchen window.  Light brown in color.  A cardinal maybe?  But he doesn't have all the right attributes.



Then I saw him out back by the pond and got a better photo.  Still not sure.

We have hummingbirds visit the garden, but I've never caught one in a photo.  Jem tried, but the photos were too blurry.  He did get a good photo of his shadow, though!


It was a sad, sad day when I found this in our front yard.  We have several neighborhood cats that hang around Golden Cottage, and I think this is all that was left of a red-bellied woodpecker.  It made me sad, but that's the way cats are.  You can't change their basic nature, right.



I'm so thankful for my little birdie friends and for the JOY they give me here at Golden Cottage.  

What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.