Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pray for America - Day 1


 "It is impossible to govern the world without G-d and the Bible."  George Washington

My heart is so burdened for my country.  I believe we have strayed so very far from the foundations upon which our nation was built, and we currently are headed for a cliff of destruction.  Biblical values are disdained and have been completely cast aside by our citizens as well as our governing officials.  Our nation cannot continue to be blessed under these actions, and I am praying for repentance and revival in America.


Yesterday, I met a wonderful woman, Nancy Schulze, who is a part of the American Prayer Initiative.  Nancy, along with many other g-dly women such as Shirley Dobson of the National Day of Prayer and Focus on the Family and Penny Nancy of Concerned Women for America, started this effort because they share the same burden of concern for our country.    I have joined this initiative and  encourage you to join also.

The website is www.americanprayerinitiative.org where you may sign up to receive a daily e-mail reminder to pray.  There is also a page on Facebook.

I will be praying daily, and posting their prayer here along with some of my own thoughts and prayers.  I hope you will not only pray, but also encourage your church, synagogue, blog readers and everyone you know to pray for our beloved country.

Please join me in this prayer today:

This post is part of a 31 day series from the American Prayer Initiative
You can sign up at the link and have the prayers sent to you daily in your
 e-mail box.  I encourage you to join us in praying daily for America
up through the general election on November 6, 2012.

Thanksgiving
Suggested Scriptural references ...
Let us come in to His presence with thanksgiving.  Psalm 95:2
You are Holy, O Thou that inhabit the praises of Your people. Psalm 22:3
Let all that I am praise the L-rd; may I never forget the good things He does for me  Psalm 103:2
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of G-d in Christ Jesus for you.  I Thessalonians 5:16-18 
Thanks be to G-d, who gives us the victory through our L-rd, Jesus Christ.  1 Corinthians 15:57 

Suggested prayers ...
Thank You for all the bountiful blessings You have poured out on America.
We praise You, knowing that all good things come from Your hand.
Thank You for Your Creation, Your Word, Your Son, Your Spirit and Your Truth.
Thank You that You make Your true character known to those who truly seek You.
Thank You for providing the way for forgiveness and for healing in our lives and in our nation.
Thank You for Your patience, Your mercy, Your pardon, and Your provision.
Thank You for the faith of our founders, and for giving them Your wisdom.
Thank You for those who have gone before us who pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to establish this country and provide for our freedom.
Thank You for all those who have put their lives on the line for the freedom and welfare of others.
Thank You for the religious freedoms we enjoy – to gather, to worship and to pray.
*********

And Father, I Thank You for the Holy Scriptures which You have preserved and upon which our nation was built.  

I offer these prayers in the mighty name of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach. 



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your beautiful post with prayers that prevaail. May our eyes and ears be open to the truth that only God can save America and I join you in praying that He does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link, and for praying...praying with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.