Monday, July 2, 2012

Pray for America - Day 2


This post is part of a 31 day series from 
the American Prayer Initiative
You can sign up at the link and have
 the prayers sent to you daily in your  e-mail box.  I encourage you to join us in praying daily for America
up through the general election on November 6, 2012.
Humility
Suggested Scriptural references ...
If My people, who are called by My name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.  II Chronicles 7:14
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the L-rd require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your G-d?  Micah 6:8
But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.  Isaiah 66:2b
I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. Isaiah 57:15b
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of G-d so that at the proper time he may exalt you, I Peter 5:6

Suggested prayers ...
As we humble ourselves in prayer, and seek You and turn from our wicked ways, we thank You for Your promise to hear, to forgive and to heal our land.
In the spirit of humility, we ask You to open the hearts of Americans and draw us to seek You and Your purposes above all else.
We humbly ask You to remove our fabrications of who you are, and for You to reveal Yourself to us.
Almighty G-d, create in us hearts to please You and bring You honor. 
We pray that we Americans will honor You in speech, and resist abuses of Your name.
*******

Father, also I pray for You to show people what You mean by "wicked ways".  Your ways are the way of blessing and we have turned away from Your ways to the ways of the world, religions, denominations and even our own ways.  You are holy and Your ways are holy.  Reveal this to us as Americans, L-rd, and may we turn from these ways and follow Your holy ways.

I offer these prayers in the name of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.