Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Beautiful Home (Part 2 of 4)

Courtyard at the entrance of the home.

Yesterday, I gave a short tour of the Bellingrath gardens.  Today, let me share the beauty of this grand home.

The parlor - with portraits of the Bellingraths in their younger days.

The main dining room


The lady of the house, later in life. 
Isn't the staircase grand?  It is in the foyer, just off the parlor.


 And now a tour of the upper floor:

Sitting area of one of the three guest rooms. 



She collected porcelain from all over the world.

His bedroom, after she became ill.

Her bathroom - very stylish in the 30's

Their bedroom.

This window looks out over the river.

I adore this window treatment.

Tomorrow, I will show you the other rooms on the ground floor.
My favorites are the kitchen and pantry.  You will not believe
her collection of silver, china, and crystal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.