Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thankful Thursday - New Year Blessings


Wow! What a busy week.  Especially this past Sunday.  We enjoyed grandparents day with our grandson, had a wedding at the synagogue at 5:00, and then our Rosh Hashanah service at 6:30.  What a JOY-filled day.


 The happy couple, rabbi and moi.  We've had two weddings within the last month and we always love this part:


Breaking the glass  -  MAZEL TOV !
Our dear friend, Barbara, made a wonderful round challah for Rosh Hashanah.  It was filled with apples and sweet spices.  So good!  Isn't it beautiful?





Here's a close up view.  She always makes a little, round piece of bread that is just for the rabbi.  On Shabbat, it always has a raisin in it.  I am so thankful for her bread-baking skills, but also because she is a dear friend, and like a sister to me.


I'm thankful for books and libraries.  I've loved books and reading ever since I was a little girl.  Rabbi Jem and I enjoy taking our grandson to the local library every week.  He attends the Independent Readers Group, even though he's only five years old.  Our librarian, Ms Twila, has activities to go along with the books read each week. 
 
This week, the books were about foxes.  The children made fox masks, and he really got into being "Fox Boy" when we decided to watch Bat Man and Robin (1966) later that afternoon.  I made him a Fox Boy cape, and he ran around the house until he was pooped. 

Boys!  They are so much fun.  I always get a good night's sleep after he's been here for the day.



I'm thankful to live where I can walk out in my front yard and watch rockets take off.  This is an Atlas V and it had a strange smoke trail.  At first I thought it had blown up, but it was a phenomena caused by the hot air meeting the cool morning air, along with the rising sun's effect on the plume.  It was a beautiful sight to see.  In this area, we are all thankful to see launches again.  The closing of the shuttle program had a devastating effect on our local economy. 

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.

What are you thankful for this week?
*****************
 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at :





Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
Janis with Sunday Stillness

THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA





 Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Thursday  Favorite Things

Friendship Friday 
  Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
 Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger

STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING
PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS

 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew


 '

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm visiting from the 'Spiritual Sunday' link-up. Looks like you have had a great week. The round challah looks delicious!

    I also love going to the library and reading. And I can't wait to have grandchildren someday to have fun with. : ) God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Cathy - thanks for stopping by. Sounds like you and I are kindred spirits. Please come back again soon.
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.