Friday, July 15, 2016

Sabbath Music - My Good Shepherd



I've been meditating on Psalm 23 over the last couple of days.  I remember memorizing this passage when I was nine years old.  I'm so thankful that my Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Bertie Lee Burton, led her class to commit it to memory.  I've never forgotten it, and it has helped me through many hard times.  I've used it to encourage others as they walk through dark valleys. 

"Yea, though I walk through valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil.
His rod and His staff (the Word and Spirit) comfort me."

My heart aches for those who don't know the comfort of the Good Shepherd, whose hand I have held since I was five years old.  He is good...so good.  I say this even though we're seeing many things happen in the world that are not good.  I know Him, and know His goodness.  I know His love, even though bad things have happened in my own life.  Every hard thing I've walked through has taught me more of Him and His goodness.

If you're going through a dark valley, draw near to Him and He will draw near to You.  Take His hand and He'll lead you through.

This song is the 23rd Psalm, sung in Hebrew.  The beautiful images enhance the restful melody.  Rest and worship Hashem and may your Sabbath rest be sweet.

"Mizmor leDavid" by Gadi Elon"

************
 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 



Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.