Tuesday, June 13, 2017

6 Tips for Painting Happy Rocks


I'm having so much fun painting rocks.  I'm enjoying writing positive, encouraging words on my rocks and praying for the person who finds them to be blessed.  Some of these are not quite finished, and then they have to be sealed.  When ready, I'll place them around town for others to find.


Did you know this is a growing phenomenan?  There are people painting and sharing rocks all over the country.  Adults and kids alike are having a blast with these happy rocks.  My grandson loves it.

This is his "potato" rock.
Here are some tips for painting rocks:

Source - I like the white rocks, and found mine at Lowe's for about $9.00 a bag.  There are probably thirty or forty rocks in the bag, some small and some large (see above).  Dollar General has a smaller bag of about a dozen small, dark rocks for a couple of bucks.  I've found these harder to paint on though. Some of the dark rocks have a coating on them, so I'm sticking with the white ones.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gail! Thanks so much for linking up with my No Rules Weekend Blog party! I've heard of the painted rock fab and plan on doing this as summer activity with my kids. I can't wait to get started! I tried following you back but it keeps giving me an error message so I'll return later and try again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula - you will LOVE it!

    I tried to follow you on Google+ , but got an error message, so I'll try again, too. I have followed you through Google Friend Connect, so please follow there also.

    So glad you found Gail-Friends, and it's nice to meet you.
    GG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.