Friday, June 2, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Baby Shower Blessings

No - Rabbi and I are NOT having a baby.  This photo was taken on our vacation.  I'll share about it next week.

So sorry I'm late on my Thankful Thursday post, but I've been on vacation, Gail-Friends!  It was fabulous.  We attended the annual Florida Folk Festival in White Springs, Florida and I can't wait to share it with Y'all.  But first, I'd promised you last week I'd share some pics from the amazing baby shower we had at the synagogue.  So here ya go...


This is Jennifer, our "lady in waiting" who is expecting a baby girl in July.  She also has a six-year-old daughter and two sons, age three and four.  It was a delight to shower her with gifts, food, hugs, and blessings.  Here are the lovely decorations, with a tea party theme.

Each lady had a different tea cup.

Blessings for Jennifer and the new baby girl.

All of the decorations and food were hand made. Take special note of the hot-air balloon. It's a diaper cake.

Eight different kinds of tea.

The sign-in book, where we wrote advice and favorite Scriptures for Jennifer.

Baby Moses deviled eggs.  Aren't they the cutest?


And here is the creative genius behind all of these fabulous ideas - Sherry.  I told her she makes Martha Stewart look like a slacker.  LaVonne and all of the Ma'gen Da'vid ladies (and girls) had a hand in making this a wonderful event.

Sherry (standing up) giving a verbal blessing to Jennifer a.nd her family. 
LaVonne led us in some hilarious games, such as pin the diaper on the baby.  The winner, Jennifer's grandmother, did it in 45 seconds.  This was amazing, since we used un-pre-folded diapers and old-school diaper pins:


Good job, Gramma!

Ma'gen Da'vid girls enjoying their tea.

This Baby Jeopardy game was a hoot.  Sherry's husband made electrical buttons, just like on the game show.

We played Pass the Pacifier on a Straw, which was really hard, but fun.

Sherry brought these photo props for us to enjoy!

Jen with her grandmother and mom


This picture cracks me up.  The "over the top" diaper cake.  Part of it is on the table.  I was amazed by the creativity.  Sherrie says her ideas come from Pinterest.

I'm thankful for new babies, wonderful ladies who love and share, and for our fun and fellowship together.



Yes, we had healthy food, too, in addition to all the goodies.


What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?

P.S.  I promise to tell you about the angel wings and our vacation next week.

Thankful Thursday is my day of the week to focus on and be thankful for all the good things in my life.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends:




Spiritual Sundays     Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   
Modest Mom Monday Link-up         Growing Homemakers Link-Up       



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.