Thursday, February 7, 2019

Weep, Mourn and Take Action


used by permission of Above Rubies


Over the past week, we have seen horrible videos of Democrat legislators glorying in baby murder:

New York's Governor Cuomo signed legislation allowing babies to be killed up through 40 weeks gestation.  He even celebrated the shedding of their blood by lighting up the World Trade Center with pink lights.  

 Virginia's Governor Northam advocated for the murder of babies after birth.  This is known by the innocuous word, "infanticide".  It is the next level of the slippery slope that began with abortion (baby murder).

Rhode Island and New Mexico have joined New York and Virginia in heading down the same road recently.

Are you horrified?
Are you weeping?
Are you sick to your stomach?
Do you say to yourself, "How did we get to this point?"  or  "What can one person do?"

Addressing the last two questions, I will start with the first:

We arrived here by sliding down the slippery slope of abortion, which is a medical / technical word for killing a baby in the womb.  I remember going to a gynecologist, as a married woman in the 1970's.  With a big grin on his face he said, "Don't worry about getting pregnant. Now we can just suck it out and get rid of it."  I was absolutely horrified and left the office thinking he was the worst monster I'd ever encountered in my life.  That was my introduction to the word abortion.  Even in my naivete, I recognized his crude description as baby murder.

Over the years, our country was desensitized by the politically-correct liberals' word choices used to describe  baby murder:   abortion, a clump of cells, fetus and, the most evil of all, a woman's right to choose  aka pro-choice.  All the devils in hell must have loved that one because it sounds so positive.  Everybody wants a choice, right?  We were bombarded through television and movies to believe these lies.  Plainly and simply, we were fed mind-altering and bloody murderous propaganda.  When Roe v Wade became the law of the land, the baby-killing went mainstream.  Untold millions of children have been murdered since then.  

Regarding the second question, "What can one person do?"  I hope you will please consider this information found at the  Day of Mourning website


"The state of New York just voted to expand abortion access right up to the birth of the baby! To celebrate this unbelievable depravity they lit the One World Trade Center in pink! 

Women used to celebrate motherhood and find joy in their children. Today, in places like New York City, they are taking joy in destroying their children. N.Y. State has crossed a line of inhumanity that should drive us to our knees. 

46 years of the state sanctioned killing of our most helpless and defenseless children should cause us to weep, to mourn, and to take action. 

What is to be thought of a society that kills her own children? What will the future be of such a heartless society that celebrates such barbaric inhumanity?

“If the foundations be destroyed what shall the righteous do?” (Psalm 11:3) 

We are calling for a National Day of Mourning and repentance. We are in desperate need for God to move upon the hearts of young and old in our nation. If our hearts do not break over the killing of these little image bearers of God in the womb, then how can we expect those growing up in this lost, confused and decadent culture to take our message seriously? Join us February 23rd for “A National Day of Mourning.”
- WEAR BLACK
- DON'T SHOP
- CLOSE BUSINESSES
- REPENT FOR ABORTION"

What does "repent" mean?  It means to turn and go in a completely different direction.  The Hebrew word is "teshuvah" and means to return to Torah - His Word and Ways.  G-d's word calls abortion murder because all life is created by Him.  These Scriptures makes it crystal clear:

"For you fashioned my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb." (Psalm 139:13)

"Do not murder" (Exodus 20:13)

You may not have murdered your baby (had a abortion), but  . . .  if you paid for an abortion for your daughter or granddaughter, you must repent.  If you voted for a legislator who was pro-baby murder (pro-choice), you must repent. 

Prior to the 1980's, I was not politically aware.  I never watched the news.  I was busy rearing my children and didn't keep up with anything related to government or politics.  I voted without even researching the issues or candidates. I've repented for not being aware and for neglecting my duty in vetting  / voting for my legislators.

I've repented of listening to and believing the lies of the mainstream media once I did become politically aware.  I remember when the Equal Rights Amendment was in the news and I was all for it.  At about that time, I began to read and listen to Phyllis Schaffley and Beverly LaHaye about the subject.  Those two G-d fearing women changed my mind, helping me see the truth about the law.  It would have taken away many of the rights women continue to possess. 

I repented of giving money to groups like the United Way and the Girl Scouts.  These, and many others, support baby murder.  Now, I am diligent to know what an organization supports and believes before I support them in any way.

"When My people, over whom My Name is called, humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

I meditate and humbly seek G-d's wisdom about what I am doing today.  Am I following Yeshua who walked this earth as a Torah-observant Jew? Or am I following a religion, denomination, preacher, or teacher?

I've repented of my evil ways and I thank G-d for His grace, patience and forgiveness through the blood of His Son, Yeshua.

I'm making amends by praying and working to end baby murder, and by doing my duty as an American citizen.  I'm raising my voice and thanking Him for the freedom to do so. 

I'm thankful for a pro-life president.  During the State of Union address this week.

 “There could be no greater contrast to the beautiful image of a mother holding her infant child than the chilling displays our Nation saw in recent days,” he said. “Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother's womb moments from birth. These are living, feeling, beautiful babies who will never get the chance to share their love and their dreams with the world. And then, we had the case of the Governor of Virginia where he stated he would execute a baby after birth.”

 “To defend the dignity of every person, I am asking the Congress to pass legislation to prohibit the late-term abortion of children who can feel pain in the mother's womb. Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth: all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.”

I hope you will join me in praying during the Day of Mourning on February 23.

Here are some web resources to aid in praying and taking action.

Free Prayer Guide
from Intercessors for America

The Activitist Mommy
She's also on Facebook

Life News



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting all of this. I hadn't heard of this day of mourning and I will wear black along with my pin of baby feet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.