Friday, July 5, 2019

Sabbath Music - Battle Hymn of the Republic





While I'm preparing for Shabbat, I'm thinking that yesterday's Independence Day was one of the best I've ever spent.  We enjoyed a local small-town parade, followed by watching parades in Washington D.C. and other towns and then President Trump's speech before the Lincoln Memorial.  I felt overwhelming pride in my country and thanked God for the rise in patriotism I've seen since he took office.

Our local parade was about an hour long and a great deal of the marchers were members of our law enforcement officers.  We love the men in blue, especially our sheriff.  You can see pics from the parade on yesterday's post.  Our area is big on patriotism and we always enjoy the parades on Veterans Day and Memorial Day.

The D.C. parade included representatives from several ethnic communities such as -- Vietnamese, Formosan, Caribbean, Chinese, Hispanics, Tibetan, and East Indian Sihks.  Many of the floats were playing the song I'm Proud to be an American on their loudspeakers.  This impressed me because these people came here legally and made the effort to join our country as bonified citizens.  They kept their culture but did not try to change our laws or our American culture.  I say this because it struck me that there were no Muslim floats represented.  In America, we have the freedom to keep our cultures and religions.  Yet, it's only been the Muslims who have worked to add their laws to our land.  I'm completely against that.  We were founded on Judeo-Christian principles according to the Bible.  If this group wants an Islamic country, they should go somewhere else.

The speech made me so very proud of America.  He included so much history and hi-lighted American military heroes from the past.  The speech was inspiring and encouraged patriotism and unity.  God bless this man, and God bless America.

The event included fly-overs of military helicopters and airplanes while the military hymns were accompanied by a band and choir.  Our president believes a safe country includes a strong military, and I agree.  There were even tanks on the mall.  I loved it.

I had chills when the choir sang The Battle Hymn of the Republic.  It was good to hear the words "God" and "Christ."  I'm thankful that this was done because His Name was lifted up and it carries power.  The words "Glory Haleluyah" was sung over and over again.  The word "Haleluyah" is a Hebrew word that means "Praise God".  I'm overjoyed that our president chose that song.

Today, I'm sharing the song, performed by the U.S. Army Field Band, and I hope you will enjoy it, too.
The Battle Hymn of the Republic.

I pray your Sabbath is sweet.  Let's meditate on the blessings of living in this wonderful country and give Him praise that we are blessed to be here.  God's truly shed his grace on the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.