Friday, October 25, 2019

Sabbath Music - For Your Name Is Holy


**






As I write this post, night is falling.  Time to turn away from the world and spend time with our families and honor Adonai's holy day - Shabbat.  This song is so anointed . . . so worship-full that you may want to listen to it lying down.  For Your Name is Holy by Paul Wilbur
You may want to lay on your face in worship.  That is how it affects me.  I'd like to recommend that you listen to it without the video first.  Then, listen and watch the video.  It will give you a lot to think about. ADONAI is holy.  That is a part of who He is.   I also challenge you to go to Bible Gateway.com and search for the word "holy".  It is a very interesting study.

I say that because I don't think His holiness is thought of much any more.  The Bible says, "His ways are not our ways."  I was talking with someone this week about how much churches have changed since I was a child.  There was a fear and a reverence of the Lord that has gone by the wayside.  Holiness was not even talked about when I went to church as a mature adult.  I've reconnected with that part of Him, and  I pray for that aspect to return to our lives and to houses of worship.

About twenty years ago, before I found Messianic Judaism, I was in a service at an Assembly of God church.  It was a Wednesday night and we were in the middle of praise and worship.  I felt such a strong impression of God's holiness that I wanted to lay with my face down on the floor of the church.  I kept my eyes shut and kept thinking,  I feel so weak -- like I'm going to fall down.  Is there room to lie down?  What will people think of me if I do that?  The urge was so strong . . . I can't explain it.  Please understand, I was raised as a Baptist . . . a Southern Baptist, and they just don't do anything remotely like that.  As a matter of fact, they don't even believe in raising one's hands in praise and worship.

So, that night, I struggled with this strange and overwhelming urge to lay face down on the floor.  I opened my eyes and lo and behold!!!  Everybody in the church was laying face down on the floor.  God touched me that night.  I didn't lay on the floor, but I did sit down and put my head on the pew in front of me.  I had to, because the presence of God was so strong. Over the years, I've felt that urge many times and I've learned to accept it and obey that urge.  

I believe that feeling is what we will feel in Heaven during the New Kingdom.  The Word says that we will cry, "Holy, Holy, Holy" over and over again as we worship Him in the full recognition of His awesome, overwhelming holiness.  Like the video shows, we will be bowing down on the floor.  I feel chill-bumps (aka holy-bumps) just thinking of it, don't you?

After the song ends, let the playlist play on . . . and worship Him.  Lay on the floor and enjoy His presence as you worship.

** graphic from MiYah Music on Facebook. Used by permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.