Saturday, January 16, 2021

Come Come Come

 

 


These are the words and songs Adonai has ministered to me as I have sought His face on this day of rest - His Sabbath. Pray with me that our Almighty God will show His power to save within the next three days and have mercy on America.  The quotation above quickened me to pray with faith and hope. 
George Mueller has always inspired me with his unwavering faith.

“Come away by yourselves to an isolated place and rest awhile.” 

(Mark 6:31)

~~~

Isra’el, trust in Adonai!

He is their help and shield.

House of Aharon, trust in Adonai!

He is their help and shield.

You who fear Adonai, trust in Adonai!

He is their help and shield.

Adonai has kept us in mind,

and He will bless.

He will bless the house of Isra’el;

He will bless the house of Aharon;

He will bless those who fear Adonai,

great and small alike.

(Psalm 115:9-13)

~~~

 This song really spoke to me 

listen to the words:

  Come Come Come by Don Potter

~~~

and this Scripture has been on my mind for months:

Please note:  I used the wrong reference for this graphic.

The correct verse is Proverbs 28:4 and it is from the Complete Jewish Bible


5 comments:

  1. Hello from Kansas. I was curious what Bible translation you use? I use the Kings James version which is slightly different than what you have here. Proverbs 28:14. Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna - thank you so much for catching this mistake on my part. The correct reference is proverbs 28:4. The KJV says: They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.

      I mostly use the Complete Jewish Bible, which I should have referenced. Sometimes I also use the Tree of Life Version. I really enjoy using Bible Gateway to compare versions.

      Thanks for stopping by today and for your kindness in pointing this error out to me.

      Blessings,
      GG

      Delete
    2. Gail, I like the Bible Gateway and use it often. It's very helpful to me. They that forsake the law praise the wicked. I cannot praise the wicked. The definition of what is wicked explains why.

      Delete
    3. Gail, I was interested in which translation you used because what you had posted was so different than the one I use. I truly was interested. Blessings to you.

      Delete
    4. Dear Deanna - Please accept my apology for not answering your comment on 1/18. I have been praying about how to answer you.

      I know you would not actually praise the wicked. What the verse means is this:

      When we do not obey God's commandments we, in effect, are agreeing with/condoning the actions of the wicked.

      When we obey His commandments, we resist and do battle against the forces of the wicked ones.

      Also, by definition, wickedness is lawlessness, or disobedience to God's commandments.

      I hope this answers your sincere question. I've had it on my mind for many months that I need to write on this subject. I think it is a much-needed teaching. Before I surrendered to Yeshua as my Messiah and Savior, this verse deeply convicted me: Matthew 7:23. I challenge you to use Bible Gateway tool that will show you all of the different translations of that verse.

      Thank you, again, for your kind comments here on Gail-Friends.

      Shalom and blessings to you, too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.