Friday, January 1, 2021

This Is The Year of The Lord's Favor

 

This is the song Adonai brought to me today.  This is the Year by Deborah Kline-Iantorno & Vince Iantorno His comfort is such a blessing in my life.  Like I've said in previous posts, I've been grieving.  Being still, reading His Word, talking to Him, listening to His voice -- all of these are healing and restore my soul.  I am so thankful.  I receive His ministry to me today, and I pray it is also for my country.  This week is important to the future of America.  On January 6, the electors will vote in D.C.  I praise Adonai for I know He is in control.

The song is based on Isaiah 61 and it is titled "Besorah for the Brokenhearted."  Besorah is the Hebrew word for "Good News."  I hope the Scripture and the song will minister to you today.   

Besorah for the Brokenhearted

61 The Ruach of Adonai Elohim is on me,
because Adonai has anointed me
    to proclaim Good News to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound,
to proclaim the year of Adonai’s favor
    and the day of our God’s vengeance,
to comfort all who mourn
to console those who mourn in Zion,
to give them beauty for ashes,
    the oil of joy for mourning,
    the garment of praise
        for the spirit of heaviness,
    that they might be called oaks of righteousness,
    the planting of Adonai,
    that He may be glorified.

They will rebuild the ancient ruins.
They will restore former desolations.
They will repair the ruined cities,
the desolations of many generations.
Strangers will stand and shepherd your flocks,
children of foreigners will be your plowmen and vinedressers.
But you will be called the kohanim of Adonai,
They will speak of you as the ministers of our God.
You will eat the wealth of nations
    and boast in their abundance.

Instead of your shame, double portion.
instead of disgrace they will sing for joy.
Therefore in their land they will inherit a double portion;
    they will have everlasting joy.
For I, Adonai, love justice.
I hate robbery in the burnt offering.
In faithfulness I will reward My people
and cut an eternal covenant with them.
Then their offspring will be known among the nations,
their descendants among the peoples.
All who see them will recognize them,
    for they are the seed that Adonai has blessed.

10 I will rejoice greatly in Adonai.
My soul will be joyful in my God.
For He has clothed me with garments of salvation,
He has wrapped me in a robe of righteousness—
like a bridegroom wearing a priestly turban,
like a bride adorning herself with her jewels.

11 For as the earth brings forth its sprouts,
and as a garden causes things sown to spring up,
so Adonai Elohim will cause justice and praise
    to spring up before all the nations.

(Tree of Life Version)

2 comments:

  1. Epiphany will be remembered on January 6th in my household. Peaceful. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.