Friday, December 17, 2021

Christmas and Grannie's Dishes

 

 

Years ago, I wrote a story about how I began to unplug the  Christmas machine.  God used an old, dime-store dish to teach me His lesson.

Below is a repost of more about that. 

In 2014, that story, Grannie's Dishes, was published in the book, Christmas Moments. I'm very honored to be among the company of many authors I admire, especially the compiler, Yvonne Lehman.  

 
The following description of the book is from the Grace Publishing website:

Christmas Moments

50 Inspirational Stories of the True Meaning of Christmas

"Life is made up of moments strung together like a garland draped around a Christmas tree. Certain of those moments are so meaningful they become memories that last a lifetime. For some, those memories center on Christmas.

In this book you’ll find Christmas stories from 34 authors. They range from serious to funny, sad to joyful, entertaining to insightful. All are encouraging and inspiring. Each points to the same thing: The reason for the Christmas season is celebration of Jesus’ birth! The most important part of Christmas is Christ.

 
So while Christmas day comes but once and year, and years give us Christmas memories that last a lifetime, the Spirit of Christmas is eternal. And the way we keep Christmas sends a message to the world about what we believe."

****
I hope you will buy this book because all author royalties from the sale of Christmas Moments will be donated to Samaritan’s Purse, a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.

You can purchase the book at this link   http://grace-publishing.com/christmas-moments/, or through the Amazon or Barnes & Noble websites.  (Search the title by Yvonne Lehman)

***
My story in this book was about the early part of my journey to make Christmas about Yeshua (Jesus).  You can read how I celebrate the holiday now that I am a Messianic believer HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.