The news just came out about County Clerk, Kim Davis, of Ashville, Kentucky being arrested. She has repeatedly refused to issue marriage licenses to homosexual couples. You can read the story at the link below:
I never thought I'd see G-d fearing people persecuted this way in my country. I never thought I'd see the day when G-d's Word was trampled in the streets, but that day is here. LISTEN to what He says:
Thus says Adonai, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Isra’el: “I am Adonai, your God, who teaches you for your own good, who guides you on the path you should take. (Isaiah 48:17) CJB
The "Change" that we were promised 6 1/2 years ago has come upon us. We have seen:
- loss of religious freedom and attacks on companies and individuals who practice Biblical principles
- legalization of marijuana (a drug) in several states
- homosexual marriage supported by the Supreme Court
- persecution of those who don't believe in homosexual marriage
- abortion in the third trimester
- killing and dismemberment of babies for profit by Planned Parenthood
- lawless criminals rioting and looting in the streets of major cities
- attacks on police officers
- reckless spending leading to dangerous levels of debt amassed by our government
- lack of respect for, and attempts to destroy, the U. S Constitution
- an Iran nuclear deal that threatens Israel
- the promotion and advance of Islam into our military, local and national governments, public education system and textbooks, and entertainment media
As much as I am grieved over this happening, I know in my heart we Americans have reaped what we've sown. We have been silent, we haven't taken the action required of a citizen, and most of all, we have turned our backs on G-d's Word (individually and collectively), so we have the leader we deserve.
You can't plant beans and expect to reap corn. We've sown the wind -- now we'll reap the whirlwind.
On the evening of September 13, we will observe Rosh Hashanah, and the beginning of the Ten Days of Awe. Those days begin with the sounds of the shofar, and are a call to examine ourselves and repent of sin.
|Blowing the shofar|
How appropriate that this appointed time is happening when there is so much upheaval in our country. This is a very serous time in our world. We are watching the destruction of society, and those who believe and follow Hashem were born for such a time as this, to share G-d's Word, obey it, and warn people of the wrath to come.
G-d is holy, and He will not withhold His wrath forever. It is important to know Yeshua's parable of the ten virgins. (Matthew 25:1-13)We must be prepared and watching for His coming. Listen...He will come with a shout and the blast of the shofar. Be ready.
My word for 2015 is LISTEN, and I have been listening to Hashem. His Word to me is "be ready, get prepared." We will not be the first people to suffer for our faith. It is happening all over the world.
I still have hope, and ask you to join me in praying for this brave woman, Kim Davis, and the other County Clerks across America who are standing for religious freedom. Pray also for our leaders. Pray for repentance in America. Most of all, examine your heart and life. G-d is love and G-d is holy. He will not tolerate sin. There is a price to pay and consequences will come...for each person, and every nation that turns their back on Him.
We can do more than pray. These are things we can do to put feet to our prayers:
- We can support people like Kim, and businesses like Hobby Lobby by writing letters of encouragement and thanks to let them know we appreciate their stand for righteousness.
Kim Davis is a courageous woman. Please pray for her and her family, and encourage her with a letter or card. The address is:
The Courageous Mrs. Kim Davisc/o County Jail121 Lee Ave.Morehead, KY 40351
- We can write letters and e-mails to our elected officials protesting the erosion of our religious liberty, and the other issues that impact our faith and practice as believers.
- We can support organizations that work to change legislation and work to defend believers. I trust Liberty Counsel, which is an international nonprofit, litigation, education, and policy organization dedicated to advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and the family since 1989, by providing pro bono assistance and representation on these and related topics. I also trust Concerned Women for America, the American Center for Law and Justice, Focus on the Family, and the American Family Association.
- We can vet the candidates running for office. We can ask questions about their faith and practice of G-d's Word. We can support and vote for men and women who will live out their faith in public office.
- We can dialog in person, and in social media, to voice our beliefs and share G-d's Word. This is important "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12) We also have this promise: "So shall my word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11)
- We can preach the same gospel John the Baptist, Yeshua, and the disciples preached -- "Repent and turn to Torah." True repentance and obedience to Hashem changes lives, and righteousness exalts a nation. A revival can still happen in America.
- Please read my second post on this subject HERE
I'd like to post light, entertaining posts, but I have no passion for that these days. My heart has been so very heavy over the past few months as I've watched evil take over our country. I identify with the prophet Jeremiah, and the calling of a prophet is not easy. My passion is to call for repentance (teshuvah). My ear is toward Him...and this song says it all.
Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
The Gathering Spot Link-Up
MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL
Share Your Stuff Tuesday
MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL
Share Your Stuff Tuesday
SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS
Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life
Thursday Favorite Things
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING
My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew