Friday, July 8, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Keys of the Kingdom


I'm writing this post on Friday, after learning about the shootings in Dallas, TX.  This news is terribly unsettling.  If not for G-d, I would despair as it looks like I country is sinking further and further into lawlessness.  Today, I am thankful for the comfort of G-d's voice and His Holy Word.

As I read the Scriptures this morning, I found comfort in the Psalms:

(3) But You, Adonai, are a shield for me; 
You are my glory, You lift my head high.
(4) With my voice I call out to Adonai,
and He answers me from His holy hill. 
(Psalm 3)

When things like this happen, my heart sinks and my head bows low.  But, I run to Him and He lifts my head.  He comforts me and answers my prayers.  His still, quiet voice says, "I AM in control."  My hope rises and I feel His presence with me.

I pray for all of the people hurt by the shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana and Dallas.  I pray for them to turn to ADONAI.  He is the only answer to their pain.  He's the only one who can remove hatred.  Only He can calm the fires of a desire for revenge.  

We who believe in and obey ADONAI have the Keys to the Kingdom.  Those keys are  the saving sacrifice of Yeshua for our sins and obedience to His Truth. Let's use those keys today and go forward to open the prison gates of those bound in hate and fear.  Those keys will set them free when His Spirit takes control of their lives. 

**************

I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 

4 comments:

  1. When I heard the news about Dallas this morning, I thought of the word anarchy. We have come so far down from what our country used to be. Thanks for the reminder of where we need to go for help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Faye, I thought of that word, too.

      We have to pray and stand up for what is right.

      Delete
  2. I join you in praying for peace in our nation. Lord, have mercy on us all. Thanks for sharing this, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need G-d more than anything else in these troubled times. Many are praying.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.