Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Guts, Truth, and Common Sense


.
The horrible tragedy in Charlottesville, Virginia this week has been heavy on my mind.  It's spurred me on to write this post.

I'll start out by letting you know that I condemn every hate group represented at that event.  My heart breaks for the mother who lost her daughter, and for those who were injured.  Violence revolts me.

Second, I'll say that the Confederate flag is not a symbol of white supremacy for me.  I'm a Southern gal whose ancestors fought in the Civil War.  I'm proud of my heritage, and I fly that flag in my yard to show my love for the South.  I'm not a racist.   We are Jews, and we know about hate, bigotry, and racism from personal experience.  My husband is a Southerner and a historian of the Civil War.  He has done years of research on the subject and speaks to groups to help them understand the truth about our heritage.  The characterization of Southerners as racist bigots is a lie propagated by the media, plain and simple.  I must remind you that we, as Southerners, have the First Amendment right to express our views and to fly our flag without fear.

Third, it is still not clear to me which group was permitted first to hold a protest in Charlottesville.  If it was a group such as the Sons of Confederate Veterans wanting to protect their Southern heritage, then I'm with them one hundred percent.  If it was a hate group that claims whites are superior to other races, then I'm one hundred percent against them.

The videos of the violence turned my stomach.  The way the network news handled it made me even sicker.   I began to feel hopelessness creep in.  I feel that every time I watch the network news.

But then, I watched President Trump's press conference yesterday and felt a great surge of hope shower over me.  I heard him say that ALL of the hate groups were at fault and condemned their actions.  He then went on to say (about the removal of Confederate statues), "Where do we go from here?  Will Lincoln or Washington or Jefferson statues have to be removed?  Where does this end?"

Finally, the voice of common sense was raised.  The truth was spoken.   My hope was renewed.  I sat still, basking in the knowledge that we have a great president.  I felt so glad that he's not afraid to speak up against the evil things happening in my country.


I've felt that hope every time he comes out with his frank expressions of truth.  America has lacked truth and common sense for a long time, my friends.  We've watched politicians pad their pocketbooks and their pride with backroom deals and good old boy shenanigans till we got sick of it.  We voted for Trump because he said he would "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN."  He talked about "draining the swamp," and we liked that.  We liked that he wasn't part of the swamp, and he didn't need anybody's money to build his empire.

So, he was elected. . . and now all of the devils in hell have come forth to beat him to a pulp.  They've been saying for the past two years that he could not get past his latest tweet, but he comes through with flying colors every time.  Why? Because we read his tweets and we like what he says.  We like that his words can't be twisted by the media propagandists.

I made the mistake of watching the network news again last night,  just to see if they'd air his entire statement.  Of course not! But they did air his condemnation of the hate groups and violence.  And they aired the statement about "where does it end?" Hip! Hip! Hooray!  But, I waited too long to turn it off.  They began to twist his words, and attack him without mercy.  I got so mad, I wanted to throw my shoe at the TV.  My calm, level-headed husband calmed me down and told me everything would be okay.

He's told me that so many times, friends.  I'm beginning to believe him now because I can see that Trump is not going to back down.  He's not going to cower and run away with his tail between his legs.  He's a man of conviction, and he's going to fight for us.  He IS fighting for us.  You won't hear about the good things he's done on the network news.

I encourage you to read and listen to the news from alternative sources.  Turn off the propaganda.  Read Trump's tweets.  Watch videos on Twitter and YouTube to hear his words without edits.  Here's the full press conference from yesterday.  This is from Fox New Phoenix.


Please pray for our President.  He's got a hard row to hoe, as my daddy used to say.  It's a big job to drain the swamp, and he has to fight off vicious snakes (politicians) and alligators (the liberal media), and it's not going to be easy.  Pray that he will be protected and that G-d will lead him in the paths of righteousness and justice.

Two years ago, I prayed and hoped for a change when the time drew near for Obama to leave office.  Donald Trump was not my first choice, but I am well pleased with the job he's done since taking office.  The man has a deep love of America, is unafraid to speak the truth, and he has common sense.

~ ~ ~ ~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday

6 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.