Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wisdom Wednesdays - Words


Greetings, Gail-Friends.  In 2015, my word was "LISTEN".  Over the last year, I did a whole lot more listening than I did writing and talking, which was a good thing.

In prayer over several days,  I asked Hashem to give me a word for 2016, and He impressed on me "WORDS". 





I put my word on this chalkboard as a daily reminder.  It also has my motto:  Start Each Day With A Grateful Heart.  


During my morning quiet time on Shabbat, January 2, I opened my Bible and these are the first WORDS I read:

My (daughter), if you will receive my WORDS
and store my commands inside you, paying attention to wisdom
inclining your mind toward understanding —
yes, if you will call for insight
and raise your voice for discernment,
if you seek it as you would silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure —
then you will understand the fear of Adonai
and find knowledge of God.
(Proverb 2:1- 5)

This passage has been important to me for many years, because it was the cry of my heart twenty years ago.  I'd been in church since I was a tiny child.  I could not remember a time in my life when I did not believe in and love G-d. I'd surrendered to Him, believed in and accepted Yeshua and been baptized.  I'd done everything the church told me to do, and yet my life was a mess. 

I cried out to G-d:  "Father, I want YOUR wisdom...not a church's, not a teacher's or a preacher's, a religion's, or a denomination's.  Please lead me to YOUR truth and YOUR wisdom."  He answered that prayer by leading me to Messianic Judaism and a whole new way of life, thought, WORDS, and actions.  The peace in my heart passes all understanding.   

Over the last couple of weeks, these are the things He has spoken to me:

Hashem's WORDS are the most important WORDS of all.  He has preserved those WORDS over thousands of years.  He has done this for our benefit -- so that we may live a blessed life while on our earthly journey.  As followers of The Most High G-d, we have the blessed privilege of seeing into His mind through His WORDS.  Oh, Halelujah!  This is why Torah** is so important.  Those WORDS were faithfully recorded, first by Moses, and then by faithful Jews over multiple centuries.  

The Torah is Understanding the Bible 101.  If one does not read and understand the Torah, it is impossible to rightly divide the Word of Truth.  I encourage you, Gail-Friends, to read and study the Torah for yourself.  You will be enlightened.  You will see G-d / Yeshua in a new way.  You will have a deeper appreciation for Yeshua's blood shed for you.  You will understand some of the things that confuse you in the New Testament. 

Over the past few months, I have also been reading the Gospels in the New Testament.  I have focused on the WORDS of Yeshua.  I've learned a great deal and will be sharing some of the things I've learned in the weeks. 

I would love to hear what your word is for this year.

Blessings to you, dear Gail-Friends, and Shavua Tov.

** The Torah includes the first five books of the Bible: B'Reishet (Genesis), Sh'mot  (Exodus), Vayikra (Leviticus), B'midbar (Numbers) and D'varim (Deuteronomy). 

I recommend a Hebrew translation such as The Complete Jewish Bible.  You can read this on the website Bible Gateway.  I've found it interesting to see how different this translation is from the King James Version, which is what I grew up reading. 

*************

I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   




MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.