PRAYING FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP
by Nancy Campbell
by Nancy Campbell
Whenever the children of Israel moved forward, Moses cried out: “RISE UP, LORD, AND LET THINE ENEMIES BE SCATTERED; AND LET THEM THAT HATE THEE FLEE BEFORE THEE” (Numbers 10:35).
David prayed terrible things upon His enemies. David hated wickedness and continually sought to eradicate evil from his land. As we read David’s prayers, we understand that we are not fighting against flesh and blood, but principalities and powers. Ephesians 6:12 says: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
I believe that we can pray the same prayers David prayed for they are written in the inspired Word of God. We fight against the rulers of the darkness of this world, not the people, but the spirits behind them.
We can use these prayers to pray against the enemies of our president, Donald Trump. Never has there been a president who has faced such hatred and lies against him. It is inspired by the enemy who hates righteousness and fears the pro-life, pro-godly, pro-protecting our land, pro-constitutionally good things he is doing for our country.
Take a number of these prayers each day. When you come to the end, begin again!
1. Deliver and preserve him from evil and violent men who plan evil things and stir up wars continually (Psalm 70:1, 2 and 140:1).
2. Deliver him from deceitful and unjust men (Psalm 43:1).
3. Save him from those who persecute him, and deliver him (Psalm 7:1).
4. Cause his persecutors to stumble, and not prevail (Jeremiah 20:11).
5. Destroy, O Lord, and divide the tongues of his enemies that speak against him (Psalm 55:9). HCSB says: “Confuse and confound their speech.”
TPT says: “God, confuse them until they quarrel with themselves. Destroy them with their own violent slander.”
6. Cause their evil plans to boomerang back on them. “But I know that all their evil plans will boomerang back onto them. Every plot they hatch will simply seal their own doom” (Psalm 94:22 TPT).
7. Seal their doom with every plot they hatch. Give them what they deserve (Psalm 94:22 TPT).
8. Fight against them that fight against him (Psalm 35:1).
9. Take hold of shield and buckler and stand up for his help (Psalm 35:2).
10. Draw out the spear and STOP THE WAY against the enemies that persecute him (Psalm 35:3, 6).
11. Let all his enemies be CONFOUNDED and consumed (Psalm 35:4; 40:14; 70:2; 71:13; 83:17; and 129:5).
12. Let his enemies and those who seek after his soul be PUT TO SHAME (Psalm 6:10; 35:4, 26; 40;14; 70:2; and 83:16, 17).
13. Let them be GREATLY ASHAMED for they shall not prosper (Jeremiah 20:11).
14. Let his enemies who devise hurt against him be brought to CONFUSION (Psalm 35:4, 26; 70:2; and Jeremiah 20:11).
15. Let his enemies be like chaff before the wind (Psalm 35:5).
Let them be “like whirling dust, like chaff before the wind” (Psalm 85:13).
Let them be like the grass that withers before it grows up (Psalm 129:7, 8).
16. Let the angel of the Lord CHASE HIS ENEMIES (Palm 35:5).
17. Let the angel of the Lord PERSECUTE HIS ENEMIES (Psalm 35:6).
18. Let the way of his enemies be dark and slippery (Psalm 35:6 and 73:18).
19. Let destruction come upon his enemies unawares (Psalm 35:8).
20. Let his enemies be covered with reproach and dishonor (Psalm 35:26 and 71:13).
21. Let his enemies be driven backward (turned back) that wish him evil (Psalm 40:14; 56:9; 70:2, 3; and 129:5).
22. Let his enemies be desolate (Psalm 40:15).
23. Cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that boasts, Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail, our lips are our own: who is lord over us? Let not an evil speaker be established in the land (Psalm 12:3, 4; 59:7, 8, 12; and 140:11).
24. May his enemies FALL INTO THE PIT THEY ARE DIGGING FOR HIM (Psalm 35:7; 9:15; 7:15, 16; 57:6; 55:23; and Jeremiah 18:19-23).
25. May his enemies FALL INTO THE SAME NET THEY ARE PREPARING TO CATCH HIM (Psalm 31:4; 35:8; 57:6; 69:22; and 141:10).
26. Be with Donald Trump as a MIGHTY TERRIBLE ONE (Jeremiah 20:11).
27. Pursue his enemies with Your tempest and terrify them with Your hurricane as fire consumes the forest and the flames set the mountains blaze (Psalm 11:6 and 83:14, 15 CSV).
28. Let his enemies be troubled (dismayed) forever. May they be humiliated and continually terrified (Psalm 83:17).
29. May the mischief of their own lips cover them (Psalm 140:9-11). The ESV says: “Let the mischief of their lips overwhelm them! Let burning coals fall upon them! Let them be cast into fire, into miry pits, no more to rise. Let not the slanderer be established in the land.”
30. Let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just (Psalm 7:9).
31. Cast forth lightning and scatter his enemies (Psalm 18:14-17 and 69:24).
32. Shoot out thine arrows and destroy his enemies. Send forth thy hand from above. Deliver him from the great waters and the falsehoods (the fake news) (Psalm 144:7, 11).
33. Let his enemies fall by their own counsels (Psalm 5:10).
34. Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end. Let their mischief return upon their own heads ((Psalm 7:9, 16).
35. Let his enemies be caught in the schemes that they have devised for him (Psalm 10:2 ESV).
36. Deliver him from his enemies, O my God: defend him from them that rise up against him. Deliver him from the workers of iniquity, and save him from bloody men . . . awake to help him (Psalm 18:48 and 59:1-5).
37. Let his head be lifted up above his enemies that are around about him (Psalm 27:6).
38. Let not his enemies triumph over him (Psalm 25:2).
39. Keep him as the apple of the eye, hide him under the shadow of thy wings, from his deadly enemies, who compass him about (Psalm 17:9, 10).
40. Scatter his enemies (Psalm 68:1 and 92:9).
41. Cause his enemies to stumble and fall (Psalm 27:2).
42. Save him from being delivered into the will of his enemies (Psalm 41:2).
43. Find out his enemies and expose them. Let all lies, deception, and plans against him be exposed (Psalm 21:8).
44. May others more righteous take the office of his enemies (Psalm 109:8).
45. Keep him, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve him from the violent men who have purposed to overthrow his goings (Psalm 140:4).
46. Hide him in the secret of Thy presence from the pride of man. Keep him secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues (Psalm 31:20; 27:5; and 32:7).
47 “Deliver him out of the mire, and let him not sink: let him be delivered from them that hate him, and out of the deep waters (Psalm 69:14).
48. Arise, O LORD, and disappoint his enemies and cast them down (Psalm 17:13).
49. Let his enemies perish in disgrace that they may know the name of the LORD is the most high over all the earth (Psalm 83:16).
50. Fill their faces with shame that they may seek thy name (Psalm 83:16).
I love the last two Scriptures. We pray these prayers against Trump’s enemies (the fake media and the traitors in the FBI etc.) that they will come to know that God is the true God, the Most High over all the earth, and that He cannot be trifled with. We pray that the dealings of God against them will cause them to seek Him.
We also must pray for safety for Donald Trump and his family and that God will keep him humble, seeking God’s wisdom, become a praying man, and be filled with the Holy Spirit.
The Scriptures where David calls down wrath upon his enemies are called Imprecatory Psalms. The imprecatory psalms are as follows (some of these prayers are full of more fiery judgements than those listed above): Imprecatory Psalms: 5, 7, 10, 17, 35, 55, 58, 59, 69, 70, 79, 83, 109, 129, 137, 139, and 140. (Psalm 37:12-15; 52:4-6; and 94:1-7).
This article was written by Nancy Campbell and is used with her permission. I encourage you to visit her website Above Rubies and on Facebook. She is a great encourager for wives, mothers, grandmothers, and patriots.