Friday, January 4, 2019

Sabbath Music - God Be With You Till We Meet Again



Greetings, Gail-Friends, and Shabbat Shalom to Y'all.

This week, I've been playing the piano . . . something I haven't done in a long time.  Since I have my own office now, I set up my keyboard as well as my harp, dulcimer, and lap harp in what I call the music area.** That way, I can play every day to hone my skills which have grown very rusty lately.  Amazing, though, how it all comes back to me when I sit down to play.

I've been using an old hymnal with songs I grew up singing in the Baptist church.  Here is one I loved back then as well as now.  The congregation would sing this song at the end of the Sunday evening service as we parted for the week.  It brings back so many sweet memories. This video has the lyrics of all of the verses, which are all beauty-full  -   God Be With You Till We Meet Again.Performed by the Ely Cathedral Choir.

There is a short, interesting intro at the beginning of the video.  Did you know that "Good-Bye" means God Be With You?  I'm happy to learn that.

I pray you've had a good week and that you have a worship-full Sabbath, Gail-Friends.

** I promise to show you pics of my new office / creative space soon. This has been a huge project and I'm still working on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.