Friday, January 25, 2019

Sabbath Music - Create In Me A Clean Heart




It is Shabbat - well, almost as I type this post.  I've been listening to harp music this week.  I love this artist's channel on YouTube, titled Peregrinnatti - Calming Harp.  He teaches how to play the harp, and also sells his music at his website.   This song is based on Psalm 51 

This psalm is a good one for Shabbat. It is a reminder of Yeshua's sacrifice for our sin, and of the grace and mercy of our Heavenly Father when we repent.  Let's meditate on His forgiveness and praise Him with clean hearts on this day of rest.

Create in Me a Clean Heart

Psalm 51

For the music director: a psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he went to Bathsheba.
Be gracious to me, O God,
according to Your mercy.
According to Your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions
and my sin is ever before me.
Against You, You only, have I sinned,
and done what is evil in Your sight,
so that You are just when You speak,
and blameless when You judge.
Behold, I was born in iniquity and in sin
when my mother conceived me.
Surely You desire truth in the inner being.
Make me know wisdom inwardly.
Cleanse me with hyssop and I will be clean.
Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
10 Let me hear joy and gladness,
so the bones You crushed may rejoice.
11 Hide Your face from my sins,
and blot out all my iniquities.
12 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
13 Do not cast me from Your presence—
take not Your Ruach ha-Kodesh from me.
14 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
and sustain me with a willing spirit.
15 Then will I teach transgressors Your ways
and sinners will return to You.
16 Deliver me from bloodguilt, O God—
    God of my salvation.
Then my tongue will sing for joy of Your righteousness.
17 O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare Your praise.
18 For You would not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it,
nor be pleased by burnt offerings.
19 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit.
A broken and a contrite heart, O God,
    You will not despise.
20 In Your favor do good to Zion.
Build up the walls of Jerusalem.
21 Then You will delight in righteous sacrifices and whole burnt offerings.
Then bulls will be offered on Your altar.


Shabbat Shalom and I pray you all have a blessed and wonder-full week ahead.

**graphic from A Little Perspective used by permission.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.